Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I'm defrosting a game hen for tonight and was going to do the sheet pan scene with it. But now that T mentions it, I may just go with peanut buttering it. I wonder, could you coat a chicken and stick it in the oven or is it a smarter idea to stick with a braise? I would hate to waste a perfectly good chicken screwing it up.

Big T

Nope sorry T never had peanut butter chicken, but I did have fried chicken, I am willing to try different things sometimes.
I would tell you how to make it, but I have difficulty with making toast in the morning! The kitchen is dear wife's domain and the basement shop is mine.

Our middle daughter makes an excellent peanut butter chicken, and the first time she made it, she did not tell me, as I would probably have not tried it! In any case I did, and it is really good!

Sarge: hers is lightly baked, with the peanut butter rubbed on.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Ah! But since I have the makings for Dovi, I'm making that instead. But I bought a big package of thighs with the skin on so peanut butter baked chicken is coming up later next week.

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
We eat “American dogs”
’Kraut dogs
sausage dogs
brat dogs
Skyline chili cheese dogs
a lot
But the all time favorite is the Chicago dog.
Each requires the right bun and right dog.
There are two or three national brands that rank high. For us it OM Angus beef. For boutique brands, there are as many as craft beer. We are fortunate to live in the delivery range of Polyface Farms of Omnivores Dilema fame. Their dogs are awesome. The local German deli also makes sausage and are fantastic.

TKI67

And don't confine cooking with nuts to chicken and peanuts! Think of all of the amazing Indian dishes that use cashews or almonds! Think of walnut and mushroom ravioli! Pecans in dressing! Pecans on chile relleno!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
peanut butter into chili? Are you out of your mind. LOL.

Here's a roll of toilet paper just in case you have gastro problems.
Well thank you Howard, that is very thoughtful of you. However, it is not "gastro" problems that I am most worried about, but rather 'is the peanut butter laced chili going to stick to the roof of my mouth?' LOL! :amazing:

Howard

Connoisseur
Well thank you Howard, that is very thoughtful of you. However, it is not "gastro" problems that I am most worried about, but rather 'is the peanut butter laced chili going to stick to the roof of my mouth?' LOL! :amazing:

I try not to mix different combinations sometimes but maybe peanut butter laced chili doesn't sound so bad.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals