The best way to cook Hot Dogs!

Big T

peanut butter into chili? Are you out of your mind. LOL.

518MhUlCV9L._AC_SL1348_.jpg

Here's a roll of toilet paper just in case you have gastro problems.

I can see it, Howard! Have you ever had peanut butter chicken? Delicious, and no hint of peanut butter flavor at all.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I'm defrosting a game hen for tonight and was going to do the sheet pan scene with it. But now that T mentions it, I may just go with peanut buttering it. I wonder, could you coat a chicken and stick it in the oven or is it a smarter idea to stick with a braise? I would hate to waste a perfectly good chicken screwing it up.

Howard

Connoisseur
I can see it, Howard! Have you ever had peanut butter chicken? Delicious, and no hint of peanut butter flavor at all.

Nope sorry T never had peanut butter chicken, but I did have fried chicken, I am willing to try different things sometimes.

Big T

Nope sorry T never had peanut butter chicken, but I did have fried chicken, I am willing to try different things sometimes.

I would tell you how to make it, but I have difficulty with making toast in the morning! The kitchen is dear wife's domain and the basement shop is mine.

Our middle daughter makes an excellent peanut butter chicken, and the first time she made it, she did not tell me, as I would probably have not tried it! In any case I did, and it is really good!

Sarge: hers is lightly baked, with the peanut butter rubbed on.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Ah! But since I have the makings for Dovi, I'm making that instead. But I bought a big package of thighs with the skin on so peanut butter baked chicken is coming up later next week.

challer

We eat “American dogs”
’Kraut dogs
sausage dogs
brat dogs
Skyline chili cheese dogs
a lot
But the all time favorite is the Chicago dog.
Each requires the right bun and right dog.
There are two or three national brands that rank high. For us it OM Angus beef. For boutique brands, there are as many as craft beer. We are fortunate to live in the delivery range of Polyface Farms of Omnivores Dilema fame. Their dogs are awesome. The local German deli also makes sausage and are fantastic.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
peanut butter into chili? Are you out of your mind. LOL.

518MhUlCV9L._AC_SL1348_.jpg

Here's a roll of toilet paper just in case you have gastro problems.

Well thank you Howard, that is very thoughtful of you. However, it is not "gastro" problems that I am most worried about, but rather 'is the peanut butter laced chili going to stick to the roof of my mouth?' LOL! :amazing:

Howard

Connoisseur
Well thank you Howard, that is very thoughtful of you. However, it is not "gastro" problems that I am most worried about, but rather 'is the peanut butter laced chili going to stick to the roof of my mouth?' LOL! :amazing:

I try not to mix different combinations sometimes but maybe peanut butter laced chili doesn't sound so bad.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
A chicken stew from Zimbabwe. Chicken, onions, garlic, bell pepper, peanut butter, chicken stock. The sauce goes over the chicken, a pile of greens and rice, unless you're doing low-carb.

oli150194

Starting Member
If you ever end up in Weymouth definitely go to a place called Willy's, haha It was the best hotdog I ever had and I've never met a man more passionate about hotdog than the owner!

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 48
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 49

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
We have a local, family-owned producer of fine meats near Atlanta specializing in Polish and Czech meat products (among others) called Patak.

For "hot dogs", I frequently use their "Bohemia Smokes", double-smoked pork & beef sausages (about 1/4 lb each). I'm usually preparing these while camping, so of course each bite is heaven.

I'm a strong believer in mustard and dill relish; probably that hints at my regional origins.

I've long used Andy's suggested method: I put the sausages on a pan with some water, let the water boil off, and then add oil or butter to fry the sausages a bit on the dried pan surface, for that crunchy skin. Or skewer and hold over a campfire; the works too.

Patak has wieners and franks, too, but I'm a "smoked" guy, so I prefer the Bohemians. Mostly Patak is a wholesaler with a small retail outlet at their factory (staffed by strong Polish girls straight out of "Heidi"), but a few things are available online.

https://shop.patakmeats.com/sausages/bohemia-smokies/

DH
Love Patek's. Reminds me of my youth on Chicago's south side.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange