TKI67

Eagle I thought you were joking when you wrote that, I didn't even know there was even such a thing!
Nice photo but too fancy for SOS. White bread with white sauce and meat. Meat can be like Buddig or it can be that stuff that comes out of a jar like a roll of bills. Yum.

TKI67

I don't know if that looks appetizing or not?
Regardless of how it looks, well made SOS is a very tasty comfort food. Toast some white bread. Make a white sauce of butter or margarine, flour, and milk, seasoned with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Chop a packet or two of the deli case beef of your choice and put it in the white sauce. Pour the beef laden sauce over the toast. The biggest challenge is ensuring the amount of sauce to toast is correct, ideally mopping the last of the sauce with the last bit of toast. The preferred wine selection is percolated black coffee.

The Irishman

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Made one of my favourite breakfasts this morning.

Fry a number of eggs in butter, and then slide them from the pan, adding in about 1-2 tbsps. of white wine vinegar to the butter... Reduce... Pour over the eggs and eat.

Howard

Connoisseur
Made one of my favourite breakfasts this morning.

Fry a number of eggs in butter, and then slide them from the pan, adding in about 1-2 tbsps. of white wine vinegar to the butter... Reduce... Pour over the eggs and eat.

I put butter and a bit of water in the pan for fluffiness.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
That looks like the pile of bacon they serve you with a bacon and egg breakfast platter at Tony's (I-75) Diner in Birch Run, MI. They guarantee at least a pound of bacon, five eggs, a pound of hashbrowns and two slices of homemade bread, sliced about an inch thick and a tub of homemade strawberry preserves on the side! Paraphrasing the always entertaining Crocodile Dundee, "Aye, now that's a breakfast! :amazing:

Dhaller

Advanced Member
Lately I've been taking kind of a two-part breakfast. Like a hobbit, kind of.

First breakfast (today, 6am): a cup of greek yogurt with granola, strawberries, blueberries, banana, kiss of maple syrup. Read Espresso app ("The Economist"), WSJ's daily email newsletters.

Went for a 90 minute run.

Second breakfast (today, 9am): 2 eggs scrambled with crème fraîche, dash of salt & pepper, shredded cheddar, hot salsa, rolled in two warmed flour tortillas. Coffee. Paper (WSJ).

I have a Polish sausage I need to do something with; perhaps tomorrow.

DH

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.