eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^ Message to self..."I'm hungry...really hungry.
My breakfast this AM was a lightly salted rice cake, with but a teaspoon of peanut butter for flavor and graced by one of Mrs Eagle's smiles. :crazy:

Howard

Connoisseur
Lately I've been taking kind of a two-part breakfast. Like a hobbit, kind of.

First breakfast (today, 6am): a cup of greek yogurt with granola, strawberries, blueberries, banana, kiss of maple syrup. Read Espresso app ("The Economist"), WSJ's daily email newsletters.

Went for a 90 minute run.

Second breakfast (today, 9am): 2 eggs scrambled with crème fraîche, dash of salt & pepper, shredded cheddar, hot salsa, rolled in two warmed flour tortillas. Coffee. Paper (WSJ).

I have a Polish sausage I need to do something with; perhaps tomorrow.

DH

Sounds like a good breakfast.

TKI67

My problem with French Toast (which I love) is that I never think of it as *breakfast*, so I invariably have breakfast *with* French toast, and thus eat two breakfasts.

Again, hobbitting.

DH
I love pretty much all French toast but...fry bacon. Drain most of the fat. Make the egg and milk with a little vanilla. Use sourdough. Fry the dipped bread in the remaking bacon fat, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, which caramelizes and crisps up in the hot fat. Serve with maple syrup.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Pishtosh! I have lived a long and eventful life. I've worked hard and invested carefully. However long I have left I intend to enjoy. I see no reason for depriving myself of life's good things just to try and squeeze out another week or two of existence. Demographics show that once a man gets beyond the age of 54, his chances of reaching 85 are excellent. In my case, it's probably 95. Bring on the omelets!

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
^

And I am happy for you, sincerely so. And I will delete you from the list of walking heart-attacks-about-to-happen that I encounter daily in giant masses oozing their way into motorized carts that crawl the aisles of any store that sells stuff by the carton of the kind being extolled in this thread.

Yesterday I approached the drive thru at Taco Bell, reached deep for the $1.29 for a single soft taco, then decided to eat inside for the free WiFi. Taco Bell is often partnered with KFC and at two in the afternoon the large lady ahead of me is ordering something called The Four Piece Combo for $9.99 and I think, is this an abberation, do large people actually lay out ten bucks for a cardboard fulla greased out chicken at two in the afternoon and then I looked around and saw tables full of chompers, large people, some with families of large children all eating things like the four piece combo with biscuits and mashed and gravy and giant tubmblers of carbonated stuff to wash the goo and the crispies down, all at at two in the afternoon. So I took my little buck twenty-nine taco and went back to the truck thinking it's absolutely none of my business what others choose to swill, really, what a nerve I've got to cast judgement upon the big, bigger and biggest among us. And I can remain ethically pure in this matter if I simply choose to cast my eyes elsewhere. After all, I didn't screech back my chair and yell, Okay all you fatties, clear outa here or I'm calling the cops! And for the same reason, after posting here early on the plain but YumYum simple, single slice of whole wheat toast cut in half - no butter - upon which is placed a single, small micro'ed scrambled egg - no butter - then folded, and getting no quotes, yeas or Likes for that, quietly departed the thread, feeling fairly potent revulsion in everything imagined that might follow. And man has it ever. And to your cry of Bring on the omelettes, okay, how about a compromise: leave off the s

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.