eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Basically, yes. The place, Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, does such a big business all day that the doughnuts come to you hot out of the fryer. Yes, they are powdered doughnuts, but so much better than what you and I as New Yorkers are used to.
Every year we make our annual pilgramig to Louisiana, passing through New Orleans on the way to Franklin, LA, a stop at Cafe du Monde is a must do! I believe they call those seductively delicious powdered donuts beignets. Alas, the trip may be trumped by Pandemic restrictions this year. Paraphrasing Seinfeld's Soup Nazi, "there will be no Beignets for you this year, Eagle!" :(

TKI67

Every professional griddle I've ever seen was heavy gauge sheet steel. But since I live alone, I'm perfectly happy with what I have.
I remember cooking short order on them. They are great because they are on pretty much all of the time, they have fairly dense clusters of heating elements to minimize hot spots, they are well seasoned, and they are fairly thick. A typical cast iron griddle like a Lodge laid over gas burners will have two nice circular hot spots. I guess if you center your pancakes perfectly on them it isn't that noticeable.

Despite the hot spots they are great for lots of things. I use the smooth side ungreased for tortillas and English muffins. I use the ridged side with a press for panini.

;0)

Howard

Connoisseur

I grew up with many a sugared cereals such as Fruit Loops, Capt Crunch, Frosted Flakes and Honey Smacks but now we are trying to eat healthier and once in a while I might bring home one cereal for myself just like yesterday I brought home a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I never, ever ate sugared cereal. I did put sugar on my cereal, but never in the quantity the manufacturers did. I thought it was ghastly then and totally horrific now. Stuff will kill you.

Howard

Connoisseur
I never, ever ate sugared cereal. I did put sugar on my cereal, but never in the quantity the manufacturers did. I thought it was ghastly then and totally horrific now. Stuff will kill you.

Now you're trying to be more self-conscious about what you and your family eats?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.