Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Particularly when the meal is cooked on a grill or over an open fire! We love our lanai...we can eat outdoors and the screening keeps the bugs away. ;)
Well there you go, I can wear Tweed six or more months of the year, but I can't do that ⇧ year round (and that sounds really good). Tradeoffs, life is full of tradeoffs. That's one for FL.

Big T

Particularly when the meal is cooked on a grill or over an open fire! We love our lanai...we can eat outdoors and the screening keeps the bugs away. ;)
Here in Pennsyltucky, we only have a large covered back porch, with a lower, uncovered deck. What could be called a lanai, is on the east side of our home, and is "only for looking at", by orders of the boss!

Of outdoor cooking method, what has caught on for us, is an outdoor, flattop griddle.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
In a proper setting I have found such things as peanut butter from a squeeze tube, scrambled powdered eggs, Tang, freeze dried espresso, and slightly burned pancakes made from a mix to be delicious beyond belief!
Those pancakes were not burned, but rather slightly crisped! You have to pay extra for that in high end restaurants. LOL. ;)

TKI67

I know it is a re-run , but I never get tired of whole wheat toast loaded with walnuts, flax seed, pumpkin seeds, and molasses topped first with avocado, then a spread of my home made harrisa, some lemon, and finally a sprinkling of Maldon salt.

CEA77A45-58CF-4E89-847E-240F08A0B3D4.jpeg

Big T

Those pancakes were not burned, but rather slightly crisped! You have to pay extra for that in high end restaurants. LOL. ;)
I come from the time (and raised by parents) that taught us, that if you want to eat, you eat what is prepared and are thankful. The upsides are that I appreciate the varities of food available.
I know it is a re-run , but I never get tired of whole wheat toast loaded with walnuts, flax seed, pumpkin seeds, and molasses topped first with avocado, then a spread of my home made harrisa, some lemon, and finally a sprinkling of Maldon salt.

View attachment 50953
I like avocado on virtually everything (except my pasta). Same with walnuts, but only salads.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.