Flairball

A while ago some health issues crept in to my life, so I made some dietary changes. I’ve no regrets, and I’ve lost over 30lbs. I do have a few foods I miss, and most of those are breakfast items. Best meal of the day, if you ask me.

One of the breakfasts I was missing the most is the Full English. So I decided to find a way to get all the flavors I liked the most, with macros that wouldn’t cause me problems. That meant the beans and toast were out, and the meats reduced in quantity, but I worked it out. I present to you, The Full English Frittata.
12785C8B-DCAB-421C-98C5-069DC77C87F2.jpeg

Two rashers of bacon, two sausages, and two servings of black pudding cooked and crumbled or sliced, andspread throughout the egg mixture. Mix in some sautéed mushrooms, and top with a few slices of tomato. Bake this bad boy up for 20 minutes, and then get down. This is two servings (4 eggs).

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
A while ago some health issues crept in to my life, so I made some dietary changes. I’ve no regrets, and I’ve lost over 30lbs. I do have a few foods I miss, and most of those are breakfast items. Best meal of the day, if you ask me.

One of the breakfasts I was missing the most is the Full English. So I decided to find a way to get all the flavors I liked the most, with macros that wouldn’t cause me problems. That meant the beans and toast were out, and the meats reduced in quantity, but I worked it out. I present to you, The Full English Frittata. View attachment 51541
Two rashers of bacon, two sausages, and two servings of black pudding cooked and crumbled or sliced, andspread throughout the egg mixture. Mix in some sautéed mushrooms, and top with a few slices of tomato. Bake this bad boy up for 20 minutes, and then get down. This is two servings (4 eggs).
I would add chopped scallions to the mix, but it does look tempting and pretty darned tasty, as it sits! Thanks for the recipe. ;)

Flairball

I would add chopped scallions to the mix, but it does look tempting and pretty darned tasty, as it sits! Thanks for the recipe. ;)
That’s not a bad idea. I’ve always got some scallions hanging around. I have tossed in a bit of shredded cheddar, but it takes away from the other flavors. I don’t think a bit of scallion would do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Howard

Connoisseur
I don't mean to change the topic, but as in, in-person conversations, topics change/evolve! Anyhow, Howard, how are your parents?

T

Good, My Father's getting his voice back & some days can't get his head straight. My Mother on the end is doing well they're giving her medicine to treat blood clots on the lung that's why she was coughing a lot.

Flairball

Had something g somewhat different for breakfast, today.
Two poached eggs over brussels sprouts sautéed in duck fat w/ shallot and garlic, a few spears of asparagus, and a few slices of bacon. Yes, it did indeed hit the spot.
10367317-23AF-4864-9FBE-F6927E8EC56F.jpeg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.