eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Anyone else enjoying Stanley Tucci's show about the regional foods of Italy? This week he was in Rome and a local chef made a most unusual frittata, fairly deep and made in a small saucepan and topped with fried chicken offal. It looked really good.
I haven't been following the show, but your post peaks my interest. What network/channel is it on? :icon_scratch:

TKI67

I haven't been following the show, but your post peaks my interest. What network/channel is it on? :icon_scratch:
I get i t on CNN HD on Sunday evening. It may conflict with All Creatures Great and Small on PBS which would explain why I record it. All Creatures Great and Small is terrific, too, but as it has no obvious breakfast angle, this is a purely gratuitous plug.

Last edited:

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I have a rather old, huge, coffee table cookbook Italian Regional Cooking by Ada Boni. It's been through several editions and the photographs themselves are worth the price. The recipes aren't half bad, either. I really need this pandemic to go away so I can have people over for dinner again!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I think it's after the egg is added but after all it's an omelette when it's done.
Sir, you are spot-on with your assessment. Two hundred eighty calories is a pretty conservative calorie count for an omelet, which is also fewer calories than the lox, bagel and cream cheese I'm gnawing on as I type this! LOL.

Howard

Connoisseur
My appetite doesn't get geared up til later in the day. Hits its peak in time for supper.

When I get up in the morning, I take a shower, go down to make my coffee and breakfast I eat big and that does keep me full up until the afternoon when I am hungry once again cause there is nothing to do but eat and there is no place to go to, after lunch I have a light snack and at dinnertime I eat big again.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.