Big T

In my experience, cruising vacations used to be like a 24/7 dining buffet...there was akways food and drinks to be had for the the cost you paid for your ticket! Not a good thing for one fighting a growing waistline.
:crazy:;)
We have a government provided excuse: The pandemic!!!!!! Depending upon what news source, those that social distanced gained from 10 to 40 pounds, depending upon how long.

Me, I'm on the very low end, and as I have a yearly physical in early April, I'm sure pictures of me will surface of the web, of my on exercise machines, trying to lose those extra pounds.

Big T

No Big T, I am not married but I have been slapped by My Parents plenty of times growing up.
My dad cracked me less than a handful of times, my mom never. However, I attended a Catholic high school, and the headmaster’s office was in the center of the school, with floor to ceiling glass. The headmaster relished giving cracks in front of the glass in sufficient numbers to bring tears to the eyes of the toughest actor, for the whole school to see. Yes, I was on the receiving end.

I wanted to go to public school in the worst and I tried all sorts of things to get expelled. My mom was called for a conference with the headmaster to discuss my antics and what was going to happen, anyhow ma was told my punishment was not getting expelled, but staying there.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
My dad cracked me less than a handful of times, my mom never. However, I attended a Catholic high school, and the headmaster’s office was in the center of the school, with floor to ceiling glass. The headmaster relished giving cracks in front of the glass in sufficient numbers to bring tears to the eyes of the toughest actor, for the whole school to see. Yes, I was on the receiving end.

I wanted to go to public school in the worst and I tried all sorts of things to get expelled. My mom was called for a conference with the headmaster to discuss my antics and what was going to happen, anyhow ma was told my punishment was not getting expelled, but staying there.
Oooo, Mom was a sly one.

Howard

Connoisseur

I have a disability so growing up with it wasn't easy, I'd get soap in the mouth from My Mother if I cursed and My Father would punch/slug me If I got into trouble growing up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.