57K views 787 replies 12 participants last post by  Oldsarge 
#1 ·
Font Astronomical object Circle Asphalt Space
Food Coffee cup Wiener melange Drinkware Tableware
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Cuisine

See less See more
#2 ·
^^
Your caffeinated concoctions go way beyond just another cuppa Joe. They are truly 'Drip Grind Works of Art!' Are these of your own concoction, created right there in Oldsarge's Dining Hall? The creative winds seem to be picking up on the picturesque "banks of the Willamette! ;)

#3 · (Edited)
No, my tastes in coffee, while not plain, aren't as elaborate as that. Now if I spent as much effort on coffee and I do on soup and pasta sauce, it would be a different story. I pretty much stick to large mugs of café au lait with the occasional Americano.

#5 ·
I have become a fan of Turkish coffee lately (a kind of strong coffee with sugar and cardamon), usually served with something sweet (my preference is kounaffa).

It hits a lot of marks:
- flavor
- exoticism
- pretty tools
- "social" coffee

I'm not making it myself (yet) - I have a coffee shop near my house which features it - but when I can get around to investing in the paraphernalia (preferably during a visit to Turkey) I'll have a go.

how-to-make-turkish-coffee.jpg

DH

#6 ·
I have become a fan of Turkish coffee lately (a kind of strong coffee with sugar and cardamon), usually served with something sweet (my preference is kounaffa).

It hits a lot of marks:
- flavor
- exoticism
- pretty tools
- "social" coffee

I'm not making it myself (yet) - I have a coffee shop near my house which features it - but when I can get around to investing in the paraphernalia (preferably during a visit to Turkey) I'll have a go.

View attachment 33681

DH
That is gorgeous. Not nearly as beautiful but still quite handsome, you can pick up a very nice ibrik for about $15.

Learning how to make proper Turkish sounds like a lot of fun.

#11 ·
Have you ever scene the movie "The Bishop's Wife." It's one of my favorite Christmas movies. In it, there's a scene where Cary Grant, playing an angel, keeps refilling a bottle of wine just by pointing at it (he's my kind of angel).

I looked, but can't find a video of it, but if you've seen it - or see it - you'll get the reference to the coffee mugs.