TKI67

Not meaning to be nosy, but do you hunt them or just enjoy their companionship? In any event they are a very handsome couple! 😍
I do not hunt them. But it is my assessment that once it moves out of puppyhood and becomes a dog, an English setter is pretty perfect company. I am ok with puppies, but I love dogs. Our last setter, Opal, was a good hunter. She was known, however, in addition to setting birds, to catch the occasional dove. Her mouth was so soft she would let them go, seemingly fine. She tried to catch kildees, and it was hilarious. She would get on her belly and crawl up to them. Then everything would spring, and she would chase them in quarter mile circles. The birds stayed about ten feet up and would lead her for close to a mile of merriment.

Last edited:

TKI67

You managed to RESCUE a pair of Llewelyns? Wow, talk about scoring!
And since we are seniors, the nine year old was free. The eight year old was only $300. And they were both born at the same fancy kennel where we got our first setter! The breeder is very involved in Southwest English Setter Rescue and no longer breeding dogs. She had a kennel and a house full of rescues!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Fortunately, 'all the coffee I want' is about one or two cups before noon.
Kudos regarding your commendable level of self restraint with the caffeine intake. Alas, we go through one and sometimes two pots in the early morning, another pot at noon and then there are the afternoon demitasse cups of espresso. Color me wired! LOL. 🙃

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.