Big T

My wife and junior-in-college daughter, go through thirty minute exercises each day, making whatever it is, they call coffee.

Me? The strongest cup and quickest route to that first three or four cups, is my nirvana. Microwave what remains in the carafe? Why not? Mold on the top of the coffee? Scrape it off, zap the rest! (That is true, but not me-was my now retired controller, after weekend).

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
My wife and junior-in-college daughter, go through thirty minute exercises each day, making whatever it is, they call coffee.

Me? The strongest cup and quickest route to that first three or four cups, is my nirvana. Microwave what remains in the carafe? Why not? Mold on the top of the coffee? Scrape it off, zap the rest! (That is true, but not me-was my now retired controller, after weekend).
LOL, your reference to scraping the mold off an over aged cup of Joe, reheating and drinking it reminded me of the conduct of the First Sergeant in an Air Base Ground Defense Group of which I was put in charge. The 1st Sergeant had a coffee mug he had taken to the field throughout an almost 30 year career and he took great pride in telling us that in all that time, it had never been washed, but rather had developed a thick craggy second skin on the inside of the cup that consistently persuaded we mere mortals from ever presuming to drink from said mug. When coffee grounds were not available, he woulf fill it with clear hot water and wait for it to brew a mystery blend from the accumulated debris on the sides and bottom of the mug. The old 1st Sergeant must have been a legitimate brute of a man, as he drank from it regularly....and it never killed him! LOL. ;)

Big T

LOL, your reference to scraping the mold off an over aged cup of Joe, reheating and drinking it reminded me of the conduct of the First Sergeant in an Air Base Ground Defense Group of which I was put in charge. The 1st Sergeant had a coffee mug he had taken to the field throughout an almost 30 year career and he took great pride in telling us that in all that time, it had never been washed, but rather had developed a thick craggy second skin on the inside of the cup that consistently persuaded we mere mortals from ever presuming to drink from said mug. When coffee grounds were not available, he woulf fill it with clear hot water and wait for it to brew a mystery blend from the accumulated debris on the sides and bottom of the mug. The old 1st Sergeant must have been a legitimate brute of a man, as he drank from it regularly....and it never killed him! LOL. ;)
well Eagle, my coffee cup is an old diner style, heavy ceramic, bought several decades ago. It gets rinsed, but never washed. The grunginess of it, keep all others, both human and inanimate objects, from getting nearer to it, than the suggested 6’ social distance.

on another note, the COVID pandemic is running rough shod over Central PA. A hundred infections per day or ten deaths per day, may not sound like much to those in metropolitan areas, but to us, with 80,000 residents in an entire county, that’s high!

Stay safe!

T

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.