eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Perhaps you are right...I do want you, but more importantly, in the wee hours of the morning, it's more a matter of I need you. This reminds me of an advertising tag line used by Colonel Littleton, Purveyor of fine leather good, as he says "We are not in the needs business, but rather in the wants business!" LOL, even more importantly, I need help of a different kind, for here I sit at this keyboard having a conversation with the picture of a cup of Joe! That just can't be good. :crazy:

eagle2250

....and now you shall have the rest of the story.

There has been much talk of the source of Leonardo da Vinci's inspiration to paint the Mona Lisa. Many claim that the image was inspired by the beautifully memorable visage of Lisa Gherapdini, wife of Francesco del Giocondo. However, as has been said, truth can be stranger than fiction.

As the picture above suggests and as we all seem to do some days, Leonardo da Vinci was stumbling around his kitchen very early one morning and he accidentally spilled a sizeable bag of coffee beans. As luck would have it the beans fell in the pattern chronicled in the photograph and it is that image that inspired Leonardo's creation of the Mona Lisa. The claims that Lisa Gherapdini served as the inspiration for her 'sidepiece,' Leonardo's creation of the Mono Lisa is simply not accurate. I think it was more likely a direct result of the artists caffeine addition. LOL. ;)

eagle2250

....and then early one morning Steven Spielberg observed young Elliot having an earnest conversation with his mug of Joe, as Elliot was heard to say, "phone home...just phone home!" And from that moment, a new star was born...one whose face has been said to "resemble a combination of the faces of Carl Sandburg, Albert Einstein and a pug dog." Strange, but true!

Ya know, one can't just make this stuff up! LOL. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.