scottfranklin

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I haven't had espresso in a while.
It's almost all I drink. The recent (5-10 yrs) trend has been away from the classic Italian bitter shot that blossomed with a bit of sugar & milk to more moderate flavors that stand up on their own. But, to be honest, I'll drink good coffee from almost any preparation. I once had a flight of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe prepared as espresso, pourover and cold brew. Each was delicious in its own way.

Howard

Connoisseur
It's almost all I drink. The recent (5-10 yrs) trend has been away from the classic Italian bitter shot that blossomed with a bit of sugar & milk to more moderate flavors that stand up on their own. But, to be honest, I'll drink good coffee from almost any preparation. I once had a flight of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe prepared as espresso, pourover and cold brew. Each was delicious in its own way.

How much do you drink?

scottfranklin

How much do you drink?
3-5 shots (doubles) a day. More now that we're home all day and it's literally 60 sec of work to pull a shot. Funny thing is my wife didn't really notice a difference when I used decaf, so I switched back to regular for more variety.

Coffee in general is a great rabbit hole for science geeks. My kids *hate* coffee shops because they have to sit through 20+ minutes of conversation w/baristas about pressure, temperature, dose, etc.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
3-5 shots (doubles) a day. More now that we're home all day and it's literally 60 sec of work to pull a shot. Funny thing is my wife didn't really notice a difference when I used decaf, so I switched back to regular for more variety.

Coffee in general is a great rabbit hole for science geeks. My kids *hate* coffee shops because they have to sit through 20+ minutes of conversation w/baristas about pressure, temperature, dose, etc.
Wow! I love my double shots of Espresso on a regular basis, perhaps once or twice a week and especially when steamed milk is added making those shots a Latte:amazing:. Otherwise it's, on a daily basis, multiple mugs of stoutly brewed Joe. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur

I sometimes drink about 2- 3 cups of coffee.

scottfranklin

@eagle2250 Thought of you while reading this post on home-barista. It may not help you pull the trigger on your espresso maker, but it's always fun to consider the possibilities!

Wow! I love my double shots of Espresso on a regular basis, perhaps once or twice a week and especially when steamed milk is added making those shots a Latte:amazing:. Otherwise it's, on a daily basis, multiple mugs of stoutly brewed Joe. ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Alas, with three to choose from, I haven't used a French Press to prepare my morning Joe in close to a year, I think? :icon_scratch: It is well past time to pull them out and put them to work! ;)
I'm not a regular coffee guy, but I do love the flavor and have never had a better coffee, in my far-from-expert opinion, than French Press coffee.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.