eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I am sorry to hear of the loss described by Oldsarge and find myself wondering where/when these seemingly incessant natural disasters will end. We have consistently done so much to destroy this world of ours and so very little to save it! It really is very sad.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I'm sorry. It sounds as if he/the family had already sold it?

That must have been quite an experience, founding a winery and vineyard.
We sold it years ago because Dad came down with Alzheimer's and we needed the money to take care of him. Scott, who bought it, did everything that I would have done if we'd kept it and I had retired there. It was magnificent and we still had the emotional attachment. He had it up for sale for about $10M but now, I fear it may be a total loss.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
We sold it years ago because Dad came down with Alzheimer's and we needed the money to take care of him. Scott, who bought it, did everything that I would have done if we'd kept it and I had retired there. It was magnificent and we still had the emotional attachment. He had it up for sale for about $10M but now, I fear it may be a total loss.
I'm sorry for your dad and for you and your family as everyone is impacted when that happens. My girlfriend and I have two parents between us with various cognitive challenges now - it's, just being honest, awful.

Howard

Connoisseur

I would love to try this one day, Are they selling this yet?

I would like to try this Dunkin Donuts Beer Ale, it only has 5% alcohol.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.