Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_51678235377e131eb1fd2ed7b8627160_1e8d8647_640.jpg

Unlikely as it sounds, we actually had something similar in the billets I lived in at Presidio San Francisco. It only sold canned beer and had an unfortunate tendency to be empty by late Friday evening of the week it was refilled. Then it would remain empty for at least another week. Eventually, the post commander ordered that the vending machines be filled with nothing but soft drinks, largely due to the tendency of First Sergeants to be the major reason for their emptying. However, in celebration of the link above, the most popular flavor post-beer was red cream soda. I'd never encountered such a thing before but it got the Southern boys really excited. Vanilla flavored soda water with red food coloring. Odd.

Howard

Connoisseur
View attachment 55242

Unlikely as it sounds, we actually had something similar in the billets I lived in at Presidio San Francisco. It only sold canned beer and had an unfortunate tendency to be empty by late Friday evening of the week it was refilled. Then it would remain empty for at least another week. Eventually, the post commander ordered that the vending machines be filled with nothing but soft drinks, largely due to the tendency of First Sergeants to be the major reason for their emptying. However, in celebration of the link above, the most popular flavor post-beer was red cream soda. I'd never encountered such a thing before but it got the Southern boys really excited. Vanilla flavored soda water with red food coloring. Odd.

That looks neat, it should be in every break room.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.