The Libation Contemplation Thread

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
In the vein of delicious drinks garnished with pickles, my wife likes a martini garnished with a pickled okra, dubbed the Marthibodeaux. I'll stick with rinsed olives or twists.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
In the vein of delicious drinks garnished with pickles, my wife likes a martini garnished with a pickled okra, dubbed the Marthibodeaux. I'll stick with rinsed olives or twists.

I think I agree with your wife's preference for pickled Okra. The last time I enjoyed pickled Okra as a garnish was way back in late 1979 when we were still calling Starkville, Mississippi home. It wasn't in a drink, but rather on a relish tray. They were pretty darned good as I recall, but that is a long time ago and my memory isn't what it used to be! LOL. ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_9ea5e342b0a9941a1d4a33f7cdeb5a34_67b19400_500.jpg

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
Vecchio, why do they put olives in a martini like that?
sAQuJAgzOIensgv4LnFajFA3xVdcCWwrVSiz16tEadGxDM3Pfq_ghQhxjWfMww4FHttB6hrUD93NY8i7w1-xg9A-9wOOCdM
It just works, but in my personal opinion when you start drizzling olive brine into a martini you are on the wrong track. Too many people want something to cut the intensity of straight gin. They just put a bottle of gin in the freezer, add an eye dropper or less of vermouth, and think they have made a martini. That is wrong. A martini is IMO at least one fourth vermouth and has melt water from shaking or stirring. I like 3:1 Tanqueray and Dolin, well stirred or shaken, and an olive with the brine rinsed off.

Howard

Connoisseur
....are we limiting this to the the "in a glass, over ice, kind of thing? With the otherr kind, I am reminded of a line spoken by the John Travolta character Danny Zucco, in the movie Grease; "ugh, Sandy?" LOL. ;)
Is that supposed to be grapefruit juice in the glass, I don't mind drinking different alcohol drinks cause I rarely ever drink and I might drink only on occasions and that's about it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange