drpeter

Currently in dressing gown and thick cotton socks, drinking very strong tea boiled in a mix of water, milk and sugar (my own Assam-Darjeeling blend from leaf teas). After a shower, I will get dressed in old, soft Bill's Khakis, white OCBD from Brooks Brothers, and an ancient Lockie argyle sweater from Ben Silver (I think). And my trusted Birkenstocks if I have to move about outside my flat.

Breakfast today will be plain naan with curried potatoes made with extra turmeric, hot green chillies and curry leaves, a one-egg omelette, dates and definitely more tea.

drpeter

Well, Peakster, I wasn't even sure what night-crawlers are. Google tells me it's the old earthworm. Now I'm thinking, maybe a night-crawler omelette with bacon on the side? Everything goes well with a hot cuppa. Especially when consumed while lounging in my old Levis.

TKI67

Advanced Member
Well, Peakster, I wasn't even sure what night-crawlers are. Google tells me it's the old earthworm. Now I'm thinking, maybe a night-crawler omelette with bacon on the side? Everything goes well with a hot cuppa. Especially when consumed while lounging in my old Levis.
I figured the night crawlers were a step along the way to a breakfast featuring a freshly caught fish pan fried in bacon fat. Personally, the breakfast fish I would seek would likely be fine if I skipped the night crawlers and just tied on a fly.

TKI67

Advanced Member
Wearing...sage Bean five pocket cords and a denim shirt
Drinking...polished off Tanqueray and Dolin martinis
Eating...mesclun salad (augmented with sweet onion, yellow bell pepper, celery, various colored carrots, and artichoke hearts) with white wine vinaigrette to follow leftover coq au vin
Listening to...Sinatra (Come Fly With Me)
About to split the last slice of apple pie and then experience "57 channels and nuthin' on."

drpeter

I figured the night crawlers were a step along the way to a breakfast featuring a freshly caught fish pan fried in bacon fat. Personally, the breakfast fish I would seek would likely be fine if I skipped the night crawlers and just tied on a fly.
The best breakfast fish I have ever had was the delicate and wonderful corvina, in Ecuador. And the best corvina I have ever had was at a seaside shack called El Delfin Magico, where we waited as a boat came in from the Pacific, mid-morning, and unloaded their catch. The shack owner picked out the freshly caught corvina, fileted it expertly and pan-fried it for us along with a side of smashed plantains, and eggs. And a little aji, or hot sauce on the side. It was out of this world, paradise on a plate.

I know little about all the fine variations in fish, but I'm told the Pacific corvina is like the Atlantic striped bass. Having eaten striped bass on only a few occasions, I couldn't possibly comment on this comparison. I have eaten plenty of corvina though, and think it is an excellent fish.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
It was small slices of different cheesecakes, I didn't feel like cooking eggs this morning, How hasn't had cakes or pies for breakfast? It may not have any nutritional value but I guess you would consider it a morning pastry.
I've done slices of deep dish apple and blueberry pies for breakfast, served in a bowl of cold, fresh milk! Now when I have pizza pie for breakfast, I pair those with a steaming hot mug of Joe for a balanced breakfast. Yum. ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I grew up eating dessert for breakfast. My mother was not a morning person and allowed me to eat anything I wanted as long as I left her alone, got it for myself and cleaned up (and made no noise). Nine out of ten times, I ate sugary cereals (she bought me anything that meant I'd leave her alone in the morning) or leftover dessert. Cake, cookies, candy, etc., were all just a normal breakfast for me. While I eat much better now, every so often, I'll just have a piece of cake or handful of cookies to start the day.

drpeter

How about chicken tikka masala and garlic naan, to emulate Sir Patrick Stewart in that advert for Uber Eats? There are so many spices and ingredients in curries that are truly good for brain and body -- turmeric, kashmiri red pepper, cumin, cardamom, garlic, ginger...the list goes on and on. In fact, the spices for curries were originally prescribed hundreds of years ago by Ayurvedic physicians, and each spice has a protective function. And I think they enhance one's sense of well-being.

TKI67

Advanced Member
How about chicken tikka masala and garlic naan, to emulate Sir Patrick Stewart in that advert for Uber Eats? There are so many spices and ingredients in curries that are truly good for brain and body -- turmeric, kashmiri red pepper, cumin, cardamom, garlic, ginger...the list goes on and on. In fact, the spices for curries were originally prescribed hundreds of years ago by Ayurvedic physicians, and each spice has a protective function. And I think they enhance one's sense of well-being.
There are reasons upon reasons why Indian cooking, all sorts, tops my list of favorites!

drpeter

There are reasons upon reasons why Indian cooking, all sorts, tops my list of favorites!
Why thank you, my friend. Although I like all sorts of cuisines and cook many of them, Italian being a favourite, the cooking of my childhood and youth holds a special place. And my friends tell me I make a mean curry!

drpeter

Old Sarge is certainly living well. Didn't George Herbert say it's the best revenge? Maybe others did too, and somehow Wilde comes to mind.

Howard

Connoisseur
I've done slices of deep dish apple and blueberry pies for breakfast, served in a bowl of cold, fresh milk! Now when I have pizza pie for breakfast, I pair those with a steaming hot mug of Joe for a balanced breakfast. Yum. ;)
I don't mind having a pastry for breakfast but just as long as I have a bowl of cereal to go along with it and a cuppa coffee too.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.