The Official AAAT Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

Howard

Connoisseur
Kim Carnes- Bette Davis Eyes

0f2ba5a7e840938a260ea1b564fb124e.500x500x1.jpg

Shaver

Suspended
Last Saturday evening, I saw Gary Numan play a concert in which the selection of tracks were chosen exclusively from his first 4 albums. Top notch.

In preparation for this event I immersed myself in the perennial classic:

Tubeway Army - Replicas

A masterpiece from a much maligned pioneer of synth rock, Gary Numan. The lonely androgynous lyrical themes encompass Philip K Dick, William Burroughs and J. G. Ballard (indeed including the occasional direct quotes from their novels) to promote a sensation of a disassociated, aloof and ultimately bewildered interaction with a mildly terrifying dystopian day-after-tomorrow future environment. A backdrop of icy but vigorously pumping mechanised music compliments the isolated and defeated tales of a humanity made redundant by progress, which are repeated throughout the album. A paean to the loss of self in an era of overwhelming mass-production dominated by a regime of merciless android authority yet curiously interspersed with enchanting film-noir undertones.

"Yellowed newspapers tell the story of someone
Do you know this man? Tomorrow the cure
Only police ever see night time for real
Turn on the light and cry - no more, no more"

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange