CLTesquire

Any of my field / derby boots. I have naturally warm feet so I don't own any lined boots as they quickly become too warm to wear when I transition indoors. There is a pair of shearling lined Carlos Santos boots that is tempting me, though.

The winter days that have me wishing for a parka aren't necessarily those where the temperature is at its absolute lowest - but where the wind is at is highest - particularly when combined with snow and ice pellets. NOTHING beats a deep fur-trimmed hood on days like that - particularly when I am immobile and exposed on a wind-swept train platform.
Out of continued curiosity, do you not have a deep rooted Canadian yearning for a Canada Goose parka? I figured they are basically standard issue up there. ;)

For the past couple years I've considered a pair of shearling lined boots. I don't know when I would wear them but, nevertheless, the heart wants what the heart wants I suppose.

RogerP

Connoisseur
Out of continued curiosity, do you not have a deep rooted Canadian yearning for a Canada Goose parka? I figured they are basically standard issue up there. ;)

For the past couple years I've considered a pair of shearling lined boots. I don't know when I would wear them but, nevertheless, the heart wants what the heart wants I suppose.
If I lived in Ottawa or Montreal I'd look into Canada Goose - because that is what you really need when the temperature plummets. But Toronto / Oakville are just that much further south that the winters are noticeably milder.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
My BB pea coat, over 20 years old, and still fantastic. Warm, stylish, ut never goes out of style. Quilted lining too. Made in USA, paid about $250 for it in 1997-98. Worth every penny!
View attachment 53224
A great looking coat and as you indicated, in my wardrobe, the older and more worn a garment or pair of shoe/boots become, the greater their value in my eyes! Just thinking. ;)

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
A great looking coat and as you indicated, in my wardrobe, the older and more worn a garment or pair of shoe/boots become, the greater their value in my eyes! Just thinking. ;)
My peacoat, which I love, is old as it is a 1970 USN peacoat formerly owned by my brother-in law who was briefly in the navy.

delicious_scent

I'm going to have my bottom-of-the-calf Balmacaan shortened. It sure looks cool, but is wildly impractical. Should hit higher up on the calf when I get it back.

Forget sitting down or kneeling slightly if you don't want to attract crud from the ground.

Going to use that chopped fabric to add a throat latch.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.