some_dude

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
One should always be dressed to meet ones maker when traveling in a flying cuisinart.

Cheers,

BSR
I doubt Igor was dressing up in that picture. I suspect that's just how he dressed on a normal day at the office/shop. My dad was an engineer/executive in the 1950s-60s, and he always wore a suit and tie to the office. Always.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Good call. Your post made me think of these guys from the movie when they were out of the prison and trying to escape from Germany. I couldn't find a better pic, but you get the idea.
View attachment 46567
You are insightfully spot-on. That is a still from the very scene of which I was thinking. The similarity is all in the looks in their eyes! ;)

Lucido

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I have never liked helicopters. My father flew C-47's and he firmly inculcated me with the concept that propellors go out in front and that wings stay still. Anything else is an abomination. The brother-in-law I get along with least well flew Chinooks in 'Nam. He was welcome to them.
I've never set foot in one myself. Did try my hand at flying sailplanes a few years ago but gave up after a handful of lessons. Terrifying things.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
People were directly confronting fascism in Italy, Germany, and Spain in the two decades prior to the German invasion of Poland. Early antifascists but by no means the first. But probably the most stylish.
I think the German communists were among the early anti-fascists.

They lost their lead in the early innings and were crushed in the street by the SA brown shirts.

Cheers,

BSR

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals