eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Negative on the kilt being comfortable in the summer months. And that wool Prince Charlie jacket is also a hot box. And the wool socks.....

Cheers,

BSR
Thank you for bringing me back to my senses regarding the kilt and Prince Charlie Jacket. Absent the proper supervision, one could hurt themself with the misplaced wardrobe! LOL.

I have read that hairy knees are a sign of masculinity in the Highlands. They say that a man is tough enough to wear a kilt through a Scottish winter.
Thanks for that bit of sartorial/folk wisdom. In high school and college and several decades thereafter, it seems I could have survived a Scottish winter, wearing a kilt. However, as the years passed and I became old, the hairy legs seem but a fading memory, but the arms continue on with a bit of "manly" hair showing! LOL. ;)

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Everyone here knows more about hats than I do, but I do watch a lot of old movies and have always thought Pat O'Brien knew how to wear a hat with confidence and comfort. View attachment 48761

View attachment 48758 View attachment 48759
IMHO almost anyone can wear a hat well. Wearing a hat well has everything to do with one's comfort level with the hat, as shown in the pictures you shared with us. As a young man, I felt self conscious wearing a hat and my discomfort showed. Many might have concluded I couldn't wear a hat well in those days, but at this point in my life, having had a half dozen or so skin cancers removed from my head, neck ears and upper back, I wear hats/caps all the time, at times forgetting they are there. I am comfortable with my chapeau and it shows...In the past week or two I have received at least three compliments on my head gear, wearing but Tilley Endurables and a baseball cap! Casual but cool, eh? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals