EclecticSr.

I don't recall whether I'd posted him before...Robert E Howard, wearing a hat as though he were born with it.
View attachment 48753
I was hesitant to post about hats again but when you see such an example I have to jump in.
Mr. Howard's hat is creased to near perfection.

You rarely if ever see hats that are pre-creased by the manufacturer in that style.I have a few that were custom made. Most times it's a pinched front with too low a crown.

As for movie stars who wore hats well a few come to mind, Cagney, William Powell, even some lesser known character actors. Their hats were creased and worn beautifully. Never rumpled with smooth flowing lines. I've spent hours and sometime days working a hat until I was completely satisfied with the outcome.

Too bad Mr. Howard ended his life at such a young age.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Was almost going to post this is the Polo Coat thread, but then noticed the entire outfit and thought it belonged here more. It does look like the less-common gray or navy polo coat. That's actor Robert Taylor.
8e869b6e36dd264d4ba23fc1e61b1d20.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.