G

Guest-437156

I get a kick out of this particularly unusual "suit" he wore. From what I have read it was called a siren suit. Something to be donned quickly while rushing to an air-raid shelter.
I was just reading about this garment! According to Erik Larsen's "The Splendid and the Vile", it was blue. Churchill could throw it on in a moment when needed.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I was just reading about this garment! According to Erik Larsen's "The Splendid and the Vile", it was blue. Churchill could throw it on in a moment when needed.
I read Larsen's book earlier this year (comments here: #776 ) and really enjoyed it.

There's also a neat book out on Churchill's style, "Churchill Style: The Art of Being Winston Churchill," which goes into that garment in detail. It's a fun, quick read about Churchill's personal tastes and habits:
51no0YtJiUL._SX437_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Please excuse my ignorance, but from which movie is that screen shot taken? I'm a fan of Burt Lancaster and have seen many of his films, but that shot is not triggering my memory, or what there is left of it! :icon_scratch:
Haven't a clue. It was just posted on Tumblr with no ID. It didn't even say it was Burt!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals