The Presidential Electoral College

Tiger

Elite Member
A bill of rights was certainly one concern of the Anti-Federalists, but there were many others. I believe history has proven that their prescient arguments had incredible weight to them...

Gurdon

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderfully informative discussion. The knowledge and eloquence of members of the Ask Andy are one of the many benefits of participation.

Regards,
Gurdon

Tiger

Elite Member
Thank you, everyone, for a wonderfully informative discussion. The knowledge and eloquence of members of the Ask Andy are one of the many benefits of participation.

Regards,
Gurdon

Thank you for your very kind and generous words, Gurdon. I'm sure they are appreciated by all of us!

Chouan

Honors Member
Once again, thank you for all of your posts. My students appreciated not only an explanation of the process, but also how divided American opinion is on the method. Mind you, they're still understandably confused!

Tiger

Elite Member
Once again, thank you for all of your posts. My students appreciated not only an explanation of the process, but also how divided American opinion is on the method. Mind you, they're still understandably confused!

You can always assuage them by explaining that most Americans have no idea what electors are, an enormous majority has no idea how the system was supposed to work (or how it's currently used), and most don't give a damn about anything of political or historical importance.

We do know much about what games are on television tonight, what Kim Kardashian likes to wear, and that new rap song by whichever "artist" happens to be the flavor of the month...

Tempest

Honors Member
Pardon me if already mentioned, but the original intent was that
a) there were to be no parties and
b) no tickets
There were to be solo candidates, and the one the most electors voted for became president, the penultimate became vice president. Somehow this rationality got screwed up in short order.

The private bank (Federal Reserve is as governemental as Federal Express), not being congress, has no power to set the value of money. Clearly this is their main function, beyond the scam of loan-sharking fake money, all unconstitutional.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange