Untilted

Honors Member
I wasn't raised in a trad family. I need to be educated on how to properly roll my sleeves up.

I've seen so many different ways by observing my school's students. What's the proper way? Maybe a picture of two might help?

Joe Tradly

Advanced Member
I wasn't raised in a trad family. I need to be educated on how to properly roll my sleeves up.

I've seen so many different ways by observing my school's students. What's the proper way? Maybe a picture of two might help?
We once had a conversation about this, if memory serves.

I roll twice. Gusset button remains buttoned, rolled sleve lands about mid-forearm.

JB

familyman

On my LE shirts it's a double roll with the gusset button done up. On my BB shirt it's three rolls, no gusset button to contend with. The idea is to have a broad flat roll that lies somewhere below the elbow.

spinlps

Depending on the shirt, sometimes double roll, sometimes I pull the cuff back over the elbow and fold the sleeve back over the cuff (usually at least two rolls). The latter is usually reserved for french cuffs or shirts with lined / stiff cuffs.

Sweetness

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Here's something I can finally contribute:

1) Undo both buttons on the sleeve.
2) Roll back the sleeve so the sleeve touches about the elbow
3) Roll the underside of the sleeve up to about two inches below the elbow
4) Flip the cuff over the underside of the sleeve showing.

Does this make sense at all?

Untilted

Honors Member
Here's something I can finally contribute:

1) Undo both buttons on the sleeve.
2) Roll back the sleeve so the sleeve touches about the elbow
3) Roll the underside of the sleeve up to about two inches below the elbow
4) Flip the cuff over the underside of the sleeve showing.

Does this make sense at all?
It sounds like an interesting idea, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

still trying to figure out. show us a picture of the finished product?

Sweetness

It sounds like an interesting idea, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

still trying to figure out. show us a picture of the finished product?
Don't have a photo, but I'll break it down more, since it's pretty hard to say, but easy to do:

1) Unbutton both buttons. -- pretty self explanatory
2) Do one roll, but a huge roll, so imagine if they were pants, it would be a 6" cuff. so now the cuff is fully visable, but inside out at the elbow.
3) Now do the same thing as #2, but with the underside of the sleeve, rolling up on one big roll, but go only until you reach the cuff.
4) Return the cuff over so it goes over the roll caused by step 3.

Sweetness

Apparently the JCrew training manual tells employees how to do this on the models, on the manequins, and on the employees.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.