Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
Here is a shot my friend took of me on the sporting clays range on Saturday at Blalock Lakes just south of Atlanta where I own some property. https://www.blalocklakes.com/

The hat is an Orvis fedora. The shirt is a vintage 1960s LL Bean cruiser, the trousers are a wool US army surplus from the 40s, the boots are Russell Moccasin and the shotgun is a 1983 Remington 1100 my father bought new.

Enjoy the Autumn.

Cheers,

BSR

C554A720-B6F1-4173-8F9E-1E499F1BCFCE.jpeg

RogerP

Connoisseur
I can reliably knock down a pheasant, but clays all seem to be wrapped in some form of invisible protective force field. It's really the only viable explanation for my dismal success rate.

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Just picked up my new Beretta 486 SxS in 20GA. It'll be my primary upland gun for the foreseeable future, possibly matched with a 12.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
I took two guns, my 1966 16ga Browning FN sweet 16 and my 1972 12ga Winchester 101 O/U which was made in Japan. Both guns are anvils.

I mention this because my friends favor fiddley Italian made Semi autos which often misfeed and shed various bits in the field. My vintage guns, which have almost a century of use between them and thousands of rounds fired, have never failed me in the field, not a single time...ever.

I am looking to purchase a new gun so that I can give the old guns more rest, but I am torn about what to purchase. I am almost of the mind to pay a premium for a virtually new out of the box vintage gun given that I value reliability and proven performance over buying the “must have” gun and bore de Jour.

If pressed to purchase new, I think a new Connecticut Shotgun Co. product is where I would put my $ if I decide to jump toward a new purchase.

Cheers,

BSR

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I took two guns, my 1966 16ga Browning FN sweet 16 and my 1972 12ga Winchester 101 O/U which was made in Japan. Both guns are anvils.

I mention this because my friends favor fiddley Italian made Semi autos which often misfeed and shed various bits in the field. My vintage guns, which have almost a century of use between them and thousands of rounds fired, have never failed me in the field, not a single time...ever.

I am looking to purchase a new gun so that I can give the old guns more rest, but I am torn about what to purchase. I am almost of the mind to pay a premium for a virtually new out of the box vintage gun given that I value reliability and proven performance over buying the “must have” gun and bore de Jour.

If pressed to purchase new, I think a new Connecticut Shotgun Co. product is where I would put my $ if I decide to jump toward a new purchase.

Cheers,

BSR
Vintage? So would I. Last year I wanted a Ruger .22 semi-auto to shoot forest grouse with and while in the shop stumbled across a S&W K22 Masterpiece looking lonely and forlorn in the case. I bought both and took them to the range. After a magazine fired from one and a cylinder fired from the other guess which one will be headed into the pines next trip!

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
Some photos from SD. The weather was perfect and the sky was big....really, really big.

The bird being shot photo was not me as that is a bit close to be sporting.

FA1FD7E1-2044-4797-A870-12D3700C0E56.jpeg
63753011-F210-414C-B8DD-394963BDE13E.jpeg
6787B035-5B91-4FA2-BC88-023A81327AB6.jpeg
DCDCD96C-0CB4-438A-AC70-A004C69D0628.jpeg
A1F74696-018D-43E6-80D7-7E621361F5AF.jpeg
827AB2F4-892D-4D80-AC56-95655620EC2E.jpeg
0B248118-839A-4B1F-B9F8-ABFD9EF08967.jpeg
390912D9-1204-43DF-99C3-31B7FE29B8F4.jpeg

Cheers,

BSR

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Vintage? So would I. Last year I wanted a Ruger .22 semi-auto to shoot forest grouse with and while in the shop stumbled across a S&W K22 Masterpiece looking lonely and forlorn in the case. I bought both and took them to the range. After a magazine fired from one and a cylinder fired from the other guess which one will be headed into the pines next trip!
K22. I have one and two 617. Perfect

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals