Here is a shot my friend took of me on the sporting clays range on Saturday at Blalock Lakes just south of Atlanta where I own some property. https://www.blalocklakes.com/

The hat is an Orvis fedora. The shirt is a vintage 1960s LL Bean cruiser, the trousers are a wool US army surplus from the 40s, the boots are Russell Moccasin and the shotgun is a 1983 Remington 1100 my father bought new.

Enjoy the Autumn.

Cheers,

BSR

C554A720-B6F1-4173-8F9E-1E499F1BCFCE.jpeg

RogerP

Connoisseur
I can reliably knock down a pheasant, but clays all seem to be wrapped in some form of invisible protective force field. It's really the only viable explanation for my dismal success rate.

I took two guns, my 1966 16ga Browning FN sweet 16 and my 1972 12ga Winchester 101 O/U which was made in Japan. Both guns are anvils.

I mention this because my friends favor fiddley Italian made Semi autos which often misfeed and shed various bits in the field. My vintage guns, which have almost a century of use between them and thousands of rounds fired, have never failed me in the field, not a single time...ever.

I am looking to purchase a new gun so that I can give the old guns more rest, but I am torn about what to purchase. I am almost of the mind to pay a premium for a virtually new out of the box vintage gun given that I value reliability and proven performance over buying the “must have” gun and bore de Jour.

If pressed to purchase new, I think a new Connecticut Shotgun Co. product is where I would put my $ if I decide to jump toward a new purchase.

Cheers,

BSR

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I took two guns, my 1966 16ga Browning FN sweet 16 and my 1972 12ga Winchester 101 O/U which was made in Japan. Both guns are anvils.

I mention this because my friends favor fiddley Italian made Semi autos which often misfeed and shed various bits in the field. My vintage guns, which have almost a century of use between them and thousands of rounds fired, have never failed me in the field, not a single time...ever.

I am looking to purchase a new gun so that I can give the old guns more rest, but I am torn about what to purchase. I am almost of the mind to pay a premium for a virtually new out of the box vintage gun given that I value reliability and proven performance over buying the “must have” gun and bore de Jour.

If pressed to purchase new, I think a new Connecticut Shotgun Co. product is where I would put my $ if I decide to jump toward a new purchase.

Cheers,

BSR
Vintage? So would I. Last year I wanted a Ruger .22 semi-auto to shoot forest grouse with and while in the shop stumbled across a S&W K22 Masterpiece looking lonely and forlorn in the case. I bought both and took them to the range. After a magazine fired from one and a cylinder fired from the other guess which one will be headed into the pines next trip!

challer

Vintage? So would I. Last year I wanted a Ruger .22 semi-auto to shoot forest grouse with and while in the shop stumbled across a S&W K22 Masterpiece looking lonely and forlorn in the case. I bought both and took them to the range. After a magazine fired from one and a cylinder fired from the other guess which one will be headed into the pines next trip!
K22. I have one and two 617. Perfect

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.