Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
Some of those birds were shot so close I have to wonder how much edible meat was left. ;)
Totally agree.

It’s the main reason I decided I won’t be returning with that group this year. They are very fast on the trigger, don’t allow the quarry a sporting chance, and they are not gun safe enough for my liking. I would estimate that more than 80% of the birds flushed within shooting distance were killed.

Someone is going to get hurt...eventually.

Not my thing.

Cheers,

BSR

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Totally agree.

It’s the main reason I decided I won’t be returning with that group this year. They are very fast on the trigger, don’t allow the quarry a sporting chance, and they are not gun safe enough for my liking. I would estimate that more than 80% of the birds flushed within shooting distance were killed.

Someone is going to get hurt...eventually.

Not my thing.

Cheers,

BSR
I wasn't sure whether it was the G0-Pro's lens or whether or not they actually were shooting over each other so I didn't mention it. Thanks for confirming my fears. Agreed. I would find someone else to hunt with, too.

It's funny. When I lived in SoCal, I hunted, fished and bickered with the same guy for over thirty years. We were the kind of friend who could get along famously for about two weeks. After that, it was time to go home. Why did we stick together? Because we were the only people we could consistently trust with a firearm in the field.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
For me the shooting is far down on the list of why I hunt.

I enjoy being outdoors, I enjoy the social aspect of hunting, I enjoy collecting all the gear. I enjoy the anticipation of the flush and the pursuit of quarry. Pulling the trigger is only about 5-10% of the experience for me.

Quality of experience over bag quantity. Safety over everything.

Cheers,

BSR

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.