Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
Funny thing, my wife was not a shooter till this year.

I had spent years negotiating time with her to go off shooting with the boys. It was a point of friction that neither of us enjoyed.

Between 2017 and 2019, I brought her to the UK twice to join me an an observer on driven pheasants in Yorkshire and she got the bug and I was encouraging.

In the last six months, we bought her a new gun and we have shot clays together 11 times.

We are planning several hunting trips this fall/winter, often coupled with staying at resorts or simply overnights at a B&B within a short drive from home.

This has been a great experience for both of us. It has been good for our marriage, we enjoy the time together, she has gained confidence in the field and learned a lot, and I now have my buddies having to negotiate time with us!

Cheers,

BSR

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
:laughing:

I once had a bird hunting acquaintance who owned TWO double door Browning gunsafes. They were both full of shotguns. I believe he owned one rifle, a Marlin 30-30, but he had multiple 4 gun sets, sometimes from the same manufacturer. He had two Model 12 4 gun sets and if you know how rare the Winchester .410 ga. version of the Model 12 is, you can imagine the obsession of the man. Why did he have that many?

"A man can't have too many shotguns!"

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
I am just not a huge fan of blaze orange. I get the safety aspect, but it makes one look like a traffic cone.

In the UK, and in South Africa, blaze is simply not the done thing, yet people are probably not shot with any greater frequency.

Bright orange is a poor substitute for rigorous training, high safety standards, and a culture of accountability. But I know it is here to stay.

Wasn’t bright red used in the past?

Cheers,

BSR

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I am just not a huge fan of blaze orange. I get the safety aspect, but it makes one look like a traffic cone.

In the UK, and in South Africa, blaze is simply not the done thing, yet people are probably not shot with any greater frequency.

Bright orange is a poor substitute for rigorous training, high safety standards, and a culture of accountability. But I know it is here to stay.

Cheers,

BSR
It was, but the percentage of the population with red/green color blindness turned out to be alarming. Plus turkey hunters were getting shot because of a lack of rigorous training, high safety standards and a culture of accountability. And I, too, miss the days of red buffalo plaid.

Big T

Cheers,

BSR
In PA, it is the law. Having called in another hunter in turkey season years ago (camo only then), I am lucky the guy didn't take a "sound shot".

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals