The Shooting Thread

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_5a3eb4b170c22099f25cbe0b6c1fe8bd_75ad5f84_640.jpg

Spent the weekend at two different clay shooting facilities in middle Georgia,
Cherokee Rose Shooting Resort outside of Griffin, Ga and Ocmulgee River Gun Club just south of Macon, Ga. A very pleasant time was had at both!

5F88E521-0D90-4F49-A1F0-E849544F4ACD.jpeg
3EEDDA3F-FE31-46A9-878B-BCD7C07F0B21.jpeg
AE352993-46E4-4809-84D8-4EDEAACF059E.jpeg
77F9B498-0C06-489A-BC5C-8074F6286A6D.jpeg

Cheers,

BSR

challer

Oh, shit yes. I have a press dedicated to the gauge which I consider the ultimate upland load.

Andrew Jones “Sporting Shotgun Performance” is the current bible on interior and exterior ballistics of shot shells. His work suggests equivalent loads are always best is larger bores. Still I want a 16GA, but haven’t fallen for one yet or found one built in a proper 16GA frame. Safe is full of 12/20.

Andrew Jones “Sporting Shotgun Performance” is the current bible on interior and exterior ballistics of shot shells. His work suggests equivalent loads are always best is larger bores. Still I want a 16GA, but haven’t fallen for one yet or found one built in a proper 16GA frame. Safe is full of 12/20.
Seems like many South Georgia quail plantations won’t let hunters shoot anything larger than a 20ga. Supposedly, it is for insurance purposes.

I guess being shot in the face with a 20ga is less painful than being shot with a 16 or 12?

Cheers,

BSR

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Seems like many South Georgia quail plantations won’t let hunters shoot anything larger than a 20ga. Supposedly, it is for insurance purposes.

I guess being shot in the face with a 20ga is less painful than being shot with a 16 or 12?

Cheers,

BSR

What guage gun was Dick Cheaney using when he discharged a round into the honorable Mr Wittington (I think it was?). As I recall from the news reports, it was either five or perhaps seven pellets that found purchase in the unfortunate victim! Ouch. :icon_scratch:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange