The Sixth Annual Collection of Sartorial Excellence 2010 - PHOTO WRAP-UP and RAFFLE WINNERS

Alexander Kabbaz

Tech and Business Advice Guru
Just a couple of quick updates:

1] The AskAndy Members discount tickets are almost gone. At the rate they've been going, there are roughly enough left to last until this Thursday or Friday.

2] Our regular Artisan Highlight Animation Clips will begin to be posted here next week. These will include Perry Ercolino Bespoke Shoemaker, Jon Green NY Custom Clothiers, Kabbaz-Kelly Custom Shirtmaker, Zimmerli of Switzerland, RVR Neckwear, and Marcoliani-Milano. The purpose of these is to give you a brief glimpse of each of the artisans in a behind-the-scenes context.

3] Christopher Tattannelli and Josephine Russo have agreed to be with us in-person to more fully explain the process of custom-making Donati-Florence men's and women's leather outerwear. We shall also have a complete range of full lambskins on hand for those who wish to see/touch the actual hides.

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
I'm impressed with the large and quick response! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

This may be the very best Collection of Sartorial Excellence yet!

Andy

Staff member
Alex, can you send him airfare?

Also, will Howard be there?

I will be happy to provide a limo for Howard! And RJman why don't you stop by. It's not that far from where you are! :icon_smile_big:

Alexander Kabbaz

I will be happy to provide a limo for Howard! And RJman why don't you stop by. It's not that far from where you are! :icon_smile_big:
Howard IM'ed me that he is unavailable and said you should send the limo to East Hampton instead.

As for the not far RJ, sartorially extraordinaire felineophile ... it's plain that he thrives on a different plane from which no plane can journey to this plain.

RJman

Elite Member
Howard IM'ed me that he is unavailable and said you should send the limo to East Hampton instead.

As for the not far RJ, sartorially extraordinaire felineophile ... it's plain that he thrives on a different plane from which no plane can journey to this plain.
Are you saying I live in Spain?

I've never been sure if the proper term is "ailurophile" or "felinophile". Any philologists in the audience?

Andy

Staff member

The limos I hire will not go into the Hamptons! And the rest of your post is plain to me! :icon_smile:

Alexander Kabbaz

Are you saying I live in Spain?
Only if it's raining cats.

I've never been sure if the proper term is "ailurophile" or "felinophile". Any philologists in the audience?
Amazon will locate cat books with either term. If that's not the definitive source, perhaps the good Dr. Bresch, a Philadelphia psychologist may be able to identify the correct term.

Andy

Staff member
If you will be attending this year's CSE and also intend to visit the Alfred Sargent shoes trunk show being held in NYC at the same time, there is GOOD NEWS!!!

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?p=1051958#post1051958
I am happy to give all members who have purchased tickets for the Collection of Sartorial Excellence and who make an appointment to see me Thursday or Friday (February 25 or 26) a 10% discount on any shoes ordered.

-- Chay Cooper

Alexander Kabbaz

If you will be attending this year's CSE and also intend to visit the Alfred Sargent shoes trunk show being held in NYC at the same time, there is GOOD NEWS!!!

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?p=1051958#post1051958
I am happy to give all members who have purchased tickets for the Collection of Sartorial Excellence and who make an appointment to see me Thursday or Friday (February 25 or 26) a 10% discount on any shoes ordered.

-- Chay Cooper

Oh? Is this the excuse you're going to use to "disappear" for hours on Friday? I'm gonna tell Malinda! (Unless you return with an extra pair in 11EEE). ;)

Andy

Staff member
Hey, New Yorkers

You'd think I'd have this settled after all these CSE visits, but I'm always on the lookout for new, so any restaurant suggestions for near the Regency Hotel, 61st and Park Ave?

Breakfast? Unique bars?

be_nac

Wow! This seems like it's going to be a really fun event! I wish I could make it, but as the other person said "transportation is my biggest problem". I'm sure that each year it just keeps getting better and better! To those that will be attending this event, do me a favor and take lots of pictures! Post them up when you get back. Thanks! :)

Alexander Kabbaz

Wow! This seems like it's going to be a really fun event! I wish I could make it, but as the other person said "transportation is my biggest problem". I'm sure that each year it just keeps getting better and better! To those that will be attending this event, do me a favor and take lots of pictures! Post them up when you get back. Thanks! :)
Given the recent weather, transportation can be cheap. All one needs to get to the event is a pair of skiis and a warm coat. ;)

Andy

Staff member
Given the recent weather, transportation can be cheap. All one needs to get to the event is a pair of skis and a warm coat. ;)

:eek: Here in Southern California it's only in the 70's today. Should I expect any colder weather in NYC?

I was hoping to have my Scott Hill sport jacket and ensemble ready to show at CSE, but it doesn't look like I'm going to have them in time! :(

BUT! I'm really excited about my new Matt Deckard Designed Sport Jacket.

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?p=1058533#post1058533

It's unbelievable and wait until you see the details (if I could get a photo up)!

I'm going to wear it on the plane and I'll have it at CSE for everyone to look at.

Alexander Kabbaz

Photos will be posted here each night (assuming Andy doesn't bring out the Scotch before I'm done uploading).

:eek: Here in Southern California it's only in the 70's today. Should I expect any colder weather in NYC?
Now that the show is within the range of the 10-day forecast: A bit o' the damp with perhaps a flurry for flavor. Be a nice couple of days to huddle 'round the merino and feel the cashmere.

Personally, I'm bringing my fur-lined gloves, Zimmerli charcoal silk & wool long johns, and a Cashmerello shirt. Oh ... wait ... I don't own a Cashmerello shirt. Maybe I need a better shirtmaker.

A note to those who plan to attend the seminars: We've had quite a number of requests to release them on CD. Dress counts - speakers and audience will be recorded!

Andy

Staff member
Printing my boarding passes tomorrow morning - now I'm really excited. Still nothing to wear! :(

Alex: If I do bring out the Scotch before you get the photos downloaded you can just take a photo of the soles of my shoes there under the cashmere scarf table. :icon_smile_big:

And gentlemen please, please come talk to me. I'll want to know your user name so I can ID you in case we haven't met.

I'm wearing some dark brown slip-on shoes for the airplane and getting in to the Regency on Wednesday AND walking around Manhattan on Thursday. Friday and Saturday should be OK in the suite unless Koji's Grand Piano crane did any roof damage

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange