The Irishman

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
There are still quite a few private islands with residences available for purchase off the coast of Ireland (And Scotland, I believe). Price-wise they are not so much as you'd imagine... Because of course the upkeep and climate are downers.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
There are still quite a few private islands with residences available for purchase off the coast of Ireland (And Scotland, I believe). Price-wise they are not so much as you'd imagine... Because of course the upkeep and climate are downers.
Maine has the same issue. The purchase price for some of the islands off its coast sounds reasonable (still out of my league), but you have to sink a ton of money into them every years just to keep them going (and do some deep-pockets capital repairs/improvements occasionally, etc.) and the weather is harsh for a good chunk of the year.

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Based on what Ancestry.com told me I have enough Scot in me to wear a kilt, but I'm not sure about buying an island. That would be quite the adventure though, eh?
;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.