FiscalDean

I've always been tempted, but the optics just seemed wrong. Truth be known I've always considered the VW Bug to be of a way too feminine design for a manly man to drive and claim as his very own. In the autumn of this life I may have missed the boat as they say. :(
My second car was a Beetle convertible. The girls loved it and it was a lot of fun to drive.

David J. Cooper

I've always been tempted, but the optics just seemed wrong. Truth be known I've always considered the VW Bug to be of a way too feminine design for a manly man to drive and claim as his very own. In the autumn of this life I may have missed the boat as they say. :(
Weren’t you an Air Force Pilot? You could drive a pink Miata with an I heart Howard bumper sticker and be ok.

My sister had that bumper sticker on her Prelude when we were young. I drove the car for a few days when she used my truck to move. I came out of it unscathed.

I drove a last gen Beetle for a couple of weeks while my own vehicle was being repaired and I loved it. Roomy, nimble and fun to drive.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
We put up a lot of really cool, exotic, expensive cars in this thread and I love many of them, but sometime, simple is really cool too.

I've always loved Humphrey Bogart's character's 1938 Plymouth "De luxe Business Coupe" in 1946's "The Big Sleep:"
i009700-2.jpg

I think the lines are very simple, utilitarian pretty as is the entire car.

So, it was fun to see the same car pop up in his 1940 movie "They Drive by Night;" (sadly, only pic of it I could find - you can see the front of it to the right):
i370342.jpg

And some generic pics from the web:
s-l300-5.jpg
9755bb07e16c33fcea8264e82401da7e.jpg
plymouth-deluxe-1938-7.jpg

TKI67

Weren’t you an Air Force Pilot? You could drive a pink Miata with an I heart Howard bumper sticker and be ok.

My sister had that bumper sticker on her Prelude when we were young. I drove the car for a few days when she used my truck to move. I came out of it unscathed.

I drove a last gen Beetle for a couple of weeks while my own vehicle was being repaired and I loved it. Roomy, nimble and fun to drive.
I drive a Mini convertible and no one has given me any guff about it.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Dude, your machismo can more than handle it!
LOL. Point taken! Perhaps my next car purchase will be a VolksWagen? ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.