David J. Cooper

What Eagle said about the Vette applies to me and a 911.

My Mrs indicated that she would like a Porsche as our next car. Knowing she meant a 911, as the other cars Porsche offered would not have entered her thoughts. Also we were driving next to our friend Ken‘s 86 911 at the time.

The next day on my lunch break I walked to a nearby used exotics dealer (Wiessach), knowing this could be my chance. Of course it was the 993 I wanted and they had a bevy of them. All low miles and very well priced. I could not believe my luck.

I knew that no matter how much I had to contort myself to fit in it, I would make it work. Once in the driver’s seat, I had to recline the seat and turn on my side so much that I looked more like Cleopatra on a sedan chair than Hans Stuck in a 911. I could not work the pedals.

David J. Cooper

Goodness. You must be one long drink of water. I have a friend who drives a 911 because it's the only sports car he can fit into. But then, he's only 6'3".
I think the newer Porsches have gotten a bit bigger. The 993 was the last of the air cooled 911s. I am just over 6’4”.

The new cars just don’t interest me with their paddle shifters and computers.

some_dude

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I'm 6'4" - 6'5" depending on which shoes I wear and the day, and I've driven 911s for more than 30 years. No problems fitting whatsoever. My Targa has a bit more headroom than a coupe, but I owned a 911SC sunroof coupe for a while, and while my head touched, it was fine.

I've driven a 993, but haven't owned one, and it had tons of room-- and was a sunroof coupe.

Right now, I have a 75 911S Targa, which I quite like.

What Eagle said about the Vette applies to me and a 911.

My Mrs indicated that she would like a Porsche as our next car. Knowing she meant a 911, as the other cars Porsche offered would not have entered her thoughts. Also we were driving next to our friend Ken‘s 86 911 at the time.

The next day on my lunch break I walked to a nearby used exotics dealer (Wiessach), knowing this could be my chance. Of course it was the 993 I wanted and they had a bevy of them. All low miles and very well priced. I could not believe my luck.

I knew that no matter how much I had to contort myself to fit in it, I would make it work. Once in the driver’s seat, I had to recline the seat and turn on my side so much that I looked more like Cleopatra on a sedan chair than Hans Stuck in a 911. I could not work the pedals.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.