Men's Clothing Forums banner

The Vintage Motor Thread

152K views 2K replies 40 participants last post by  Oldsarge 
#1 ·
Would you believe this car was designed in 1970? A Lancia HF Zero one-of-a-kind concept car currently in the Peterson Museum in L.A.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Building

See less See more
#1,053 ·
^
More.

Parse that baby out. Younger types visiting here will not appreciate the total cool of the dual radio antennae. Something I had forgotten about until I saw this pic. I was 16 when this lusciousmobile roamed the roads. Check out the reverse fin. And one of the best tail light treatments ever. Wanna see it as a convert (without the continental kit)? Well here you go...

069ab7ece7ab7a4f9a33d82605efadf3.jpg

#1,054 ·
If we could only have 1950s styling with 2020 reliability (and body longevity). To me, most modern cars look alike. I yearn for either the 1957 or 1964 Caddy one of my grandfathers had. My other grandfather had a 1964 Dodge Coronet 500, with bucket seats and hypo 383.

#1,055 ·
Yes to that. The '58 Cadillac, my dad's white one, was the car I took my first driving test on. Imagine trying to parallel park that polar bear, all pimpled up and nervous. And too, how come Europe never followed our crazy 50s lead with three-tones and fins and record players that popped out beneath the glove compartmebt ('58 Plymouth I think)? And how in such a conservative, Eisenhower type time as the 50s, did the CEOs of The Big Three ever consent to turning their hundreds of thousands of employees loose on railroad cars full of steel and hammer out those wild and wicked designs the world had never seen, then or since.