Men's Clothing Forums banner

The Vintage Motor Thread

152K views 2K replies 40 participants last post by  Oldsarge 
#1 ·
Would you believe this car was designed in 1970? A Lancia HF Zero one-of-a-kind concept car currently in the Peterson Museum in L.A.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Building

See less See more
#1,139 ·
In my queue of personal favorites, this one, as the kids would say, is trending:
View attachment 50638
The body of that magnificent beast makes for a beautiful redhead! However, considering the low slug stance, stiff suspension and cramped cockpit, she is nice to look at and perhaps even lust after, but I suspect she might make for a decidedly punishing ride for some of us! I think I will stick with my Cadillac! LOL. ;)

#1,140 ·
Yesterday afternoon I went to the grocery store, and my little thirteen year old Oxford green Mini S convertible parked next to a new bright red Ferrari. I think it was a Spider Convertible but am not sufficiently versed in current Ferraris to be sure. It is humbling to park a car you think is pretty cool next to one for which a set of tires would cost more than your whole car could fetch! I'll bet he was buying halibut or rib lamb chops! I got dog treats.

#1,156 ·
Dedicated sports car race fans. The fellow in the 356 has only one seat. The rest of the space is we View attachment 50816
View attachment 50854

Here something you'll likely never see - a Mercedes 450Sl Shooting Brake. Too bad Mercedes never made these cars. Somebody took a 1979 450sl Convertible and made it into a wagon. There are few things I dislike about the car, such as wheels, but In my opinion they did a real nice conversion job. Sold On Bring a Trailer a couple of years ago for $30,000. For more pics and description go here:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-mercedes-benz-450sl-5/

Reminds of the Mustang wagon concept cars that were floated in the 60'S

View attachment 50855
I think the Mustang would not have been called shooting brake but a shag wagon.

#1,155 ·
450 sl shooting brake 2.jpg

Here something you'll likely never see - a Mercedes 450Sl Shooting Brake. Too bad Mercedes never made these cars. Somebody took a 1979 450sl Convertible and made it into a wagon. There are few things I dislike about the car, such as wheels, but In my opinion they did a real nice conversion job. Sold On Bring a Trailer a couple of years ago for $30,000. For more pics and description go here:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-mercedes-benz-450sl-5/

Reminds of the Mustang wagon concept cars that were floated in the 60'S

Mutangwagon-550x365.jpg