orange fury

Connoisseur
...has been dictating my wardrobe recently. Since the high is in the 80's for the forseeable future, time to rotate the flannel to storage:

and pull the madras/linen/poplin/chambray/seersucker out:

I know it's not the official start of madras season yet (as is always marked by the unfurling of vwguy's flag), but in my neck of the woods we seem to have skipped straight over spring and right on to summer.

Last edited:

Reuben

Honors Member
Meh, it's kinda neither/nor/both right now here. Chilly in the mornings, warming to cool or warm in the late afternoon depending on if the sun's out and if it's raining/drizzling. Perfect for a herrington and a sweater-vest, basically.

thegovteach

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
81F here yesterday and sunny. I made the hat switch to straw. ( had to stand in the sun yesterday and my bald head needs the protection.)

Submariner

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I also broke out the madras this week. 87° on Tuesday. Though today the high is 64°. This is the "all hands on deck" time of year. Items will be pressed into service as needed.

orange fury

Connoisseur
Upper right hand corner, I would call that a Pendleton. (I have the exact same one.)
You would be correct, as is the one below it:

The very bottom is a Bean Chamois. I love the Pendleton Board Shirts and would love to get more, but these were half off and retail is kinda pricy for me.

Forecast high of 77 today. Khakis, surcingle, tan boat shoes, and, a bit unusual for me, a RL pony logo OCBD in mint green. If someone would loan me some Costa del Mars and some Croakies, I could complete my (aging) frat boy look. :)
hah, that's a common summer uniform for me. I've never understood the Costas thing though- the ones I've tried were okay, but I much prefer my Wayfarers.

Last edited:

FLMike

Connoisseur
hah, that's a common summer uniform for me. I've never understood the Costas thing though- the ones I've tried were okay, but I much prefer my Wayfarers.
They don't have to be mutually exclusive! I don't know that there's much to understand about Costas. They are purpose-designed for fishing and boating, of which I do quite a bit.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.