TallLefty21

It seems like southern New England is going to get a real autumn for the first time in a few years. I can't remember the last time it was chilly for most of the final two weeks of October, as it's forecasted to be.

At this time last year it was 85 and muggy. Today I'm wearing cords and a cashmere crewneck with a wax cotton jacket. It feels fantastic. It's a pity when New England is robbed of its best season.

FLMike

Connoisseur
That doesn't make sense, Low 80's by the evening? So it's hot and humid by the evening and chilly when the morning comes?
Either does washing and putting away his polos. Wouldn’t they be washed after the last wearing anyway? Why would you need to wash them before putting them away?

TKI67

In Austin we have had rain, too much of it. The lakes are so turbid due to runoff that it is hampering the water treatment plants, prompting a call to cut usage and boil water. Tomorrow’s forecast is a couple more inches. It has also been cool, yet I don’t feel as if I’m in the Pacific Northwest. Texas is just not set up to be a cool, rainy place.

TKI67

The sun has returned to ATX. Tomorrow ought to be well into the seventies. Let’s show them the meaning of casual Friday. I am thinking reds, Sperrys, and a navy polo.

Howard

Connoisseur
Temperatures in New York will plummet to near below zero tonight, after a couple of hours of all rain near 50, we will be near 10 tonight.

lemmy

It's currently -14 with a wind chill of -36 here. I've been outside for about a total of 10 minutes while taking the dog to go to the bathroom, including first thing in the morning when it was -24 with a -51 wind chill. Since I put on several layers and we aren't out there long, it doesn't seem that bad. But there's frost on the bottom edges of our exterior doors and all of our windows and one of our windows cracked this morning.

roman totale XVII

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Frigid here in downtown Cleveland, around 0F but with a stiff breeze off the lake taking it way lower. A trad mashup required; Vintage LL Bean tattersall OCBD, Bean boots, O'Connell's shetland, 501s, but with Patagonia thermals underneath everything and a J Crew body warmer plus a Patagonia down parka over it all. Oh and a Wigens tweed ear-flap flat cap on top!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.