Pentheos

Advanced Member
I am sitting inside, drinking whiskey, and looking at the polar vortex. They say -31 F with a windchill below -50 F overnight. I am not leaving the house. I am not starting my cars. I am not getting dressed. I did however open the door to throw out some carrots to the local rabbits, poor things.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
The outside air temp on our front porch is 54 degrees. Our predicted high temp for today is 64 degrees...

The sun shines brightly
and the grass is green;
To post words such as this,
in the face of the Polar Vortex, is just plain mean!

It's my nature...LOL! ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
All I heard was my girlfriend say "minus-eleven windchill" which made the decision to wear this Submariner from North Sea Clothing a no-brainer:
19cc0d8ddd7092219d4aea74b3f2622e.jpg

It is the thickest, heaviest and warmest sweater I've ever owned.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Sunny and a high of 76 degrees!
Fair enough, it's the offset to the fact that in the summer you have to put a "one" in front of today's 76 degree reading to measure your temperature then. :).

It's been so crazy here, that I ran an errand yesterday morning and the 22 degrees / 16 degrees windchill didn't feel that bad after the prior two days of minus windchill readings.

Once again and through it all, good-old-fashion tweed has proven up to the task. No wind chill makes it through this Pendleton:
IMG_4828-3-2.jpg

And with my O'Connells Shetland underneath, I'm good to go.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^LOL...
...all kidding aside, I do miss the opportunities to wear my heavier woolen overcoats and knitwear. I would be satisfied with just a week or two of such opportunities to do so each winter season! :crazy:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
^^LOL...
...all kidding aside, I do miss the opportunities to wear my heavier woolen overcoats and knitwear. I would be satisfied with just a week or two of such opportunities to do so each winter season! :crazy:
I love living in a "four seasons" region. Not only for the clothing opportunities (which is part of it - love rotating different clothes in and out), but it just feels right to me for the temperatures to change as the year progresses - for spring to be wet, sunny, mild / for summer to be hot / for fall to be cold and (sometimes) gray and for winter to be very cold and snowy.

TKI67

For the past few days it has been warm in Austin, in the seventies. Everything is blooming or leafing out. As I write it is 34F with sleet and graupel.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.