delicious_scent

Looking to wear one with overcoats. I've a brown overcoat, and another one coming up in some shade of mid or light grey.

I find a proper scarf in a good parisian knot, tucked into the chest, can make all the difference during a windy day.

Woofa

I think that as long as you stay away from cashmere and from what I call the ultra luxury brands (Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, etc. Where prices can approach four figures for a scarf) you should have no problem at that priced point. A quick look at O’Connell’s website shows many options in lambswool for $55. And the Begg 72 inch lambswool and angora Just below $150. I don’t think you can go too far wrong with something from oconnells.
Once you start getting cashmere and then good cashmere from Scotland or Italy, these things quickly go way up in price. Brooks brothers used to be a good place for something like this but now who knows what they will be selling.

edit. Orvis has a nice Scottish cashmere scarf for $159. I generally like their quality.

re-edit
right now no man walks alone has begg scarves for $124 and I think you can get a first time purchaser further discount but unsure of how much you have to spend.

Last edited:

delicious_scent

I think that as long as you stay away from cashmere and from what I call the ultra luxury brands (Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, etc. Where prices can approach four figures for a scarf) you should have no problem at that priced point. A quick look at O’Connell’s website shows many options in lambswool for $55. And the Begg 72 inch lambswool and angora Just below $150. I don’t think you can go too far wrong with something from oconnells.
Once you start getting cashmere and then good cashmere from Scotland or Italy, these things quickly go way up in price. Brooks brothers used to be a good place for something like this but now who knows what they will be selling.

edit. Orvis has a nice Scottish cashmere scarf for $159. I generally like their quality.

re-edit
right now no man walks alone has begg scarves for $124 and I think you can get a first time purchaser further discount but unsure of how much you have to spend.
Damn, you nailed everything I was looking for, thanks man.

Hmmm, the NMWA scarves look to be wider and longer, but the colours not as versatile.

O'Connell's carries Begg in smaller widths and lengths, but the colours are more versatile.

I was thinking white.

I don't think that one would work with my mid-brown overcoat, but it'd definitely work with my grey overcoat and be warmer.

BillC

Looking to wear one with overcoats. I've a brown overcoat, and another one coming up in some shade of mid or light grey.

I find a proper scarf in a good parisian knot, tucked into the chest, can make all the difference during a windy day.

Go to ebay. They have high end scarves in you price range. I've picked up very nice Paul Stuart and Holland & Holland scarves there. Good hunting, BillC

some_dude

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
This might be downscale, but I've had pretty good luck with cashmere Joseph Abboud scarves, bought from their NYC retail store. It's a seasonal thing, so I don't know if they have them in yet.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.