Thin and Athletic built guys - Do you wear 'traditional cut' OCBD shirts?

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Blasphemy perhaps but I don't think he looks good in that shirt at all. Too baggy about the waist and WAY too baggy about the arms.

I agree completely. Sure the equation becomes tautological with McQueen owing to his uber coolness - to wit, what he wears is cool, because, well, he's wearing it.

But that shirt looks too big on him. At the time (and when I was growing up in the '70s/'80s), that was the only option for thin guys, so you kinda got used to the look - but it was far from ideal.

Now, here he is in some clothes tailored to really fit him - not skinny, just slim cut for a slim athletic frame (all from the movie "Bullitt"):
bullitt-main.jpg
bullitt-cx2-holster.jpg
bullitt-cl2-jumper2.jpg

The turtleneck and sport coat are, IMHO, tailored perfectly for his frame. They are not blousey or billowing or tight or skinny - just well tailored and in proportion to his frame.

In the mirror reflection, we see Jacqueline Bisset wearing one of McQueen's shirts that is too long on her.

Hebrew Barrister

I agree completely. Sure the equation becomes tautological with McQueen owing to his uber coolness - to wit, what he wears is cool, because, well, he's wearing it.

But that shirt looks too big on him. At the time (and when I was growing up in the '70s/'80s), that was the only option for thin guys, so you kinda got used to the look - but it was far from ideal.

Now, here he is in some clothes tailored to really fit him - not skinny, just slim cut for a slim athletic frame (all from the movie "Bullitt"):
View attachment 25246 View attachment 25247 View attachment 25248

The turtleneck and sport coat are, IMHO, tailored perfectly for his frame. They are not blousey or billowing or tight or skinny - just well tailored and in proportion to his frame.

In the mirror reflection, we see Jacqueline Bisset wearing one of McQueen's shirts that is too long on her.

Well said.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange