Titus_A

For various irrelevant reasons I have been considering having a suit made, and despite wearing tailored clothing every day, I've never bought one that way before. There is a Hickey Freeman trunk show on this week at a local shop I like, with fabrics that look like they would work, but I cannot figure out whether this would be a good value or even what the current state of Hickey's MTM program is.

I searched the archive and most of the hits are a decade or more old. Does anyone have thoughts or experience about the value of Hickey's MTM program these days?

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
@Titus_A - Did you wind up buying a Hickey Freeman MTM suit from the Trunk Show?

Did you get feedback about Hickey Freeman from any others outside of AAAC?

Rajesh

Starting Member
For various irrelevant reasons I have been considering having a suit made, and despite wearing tailored clothing every day, I've never bought one that way before. There is a Hickey Freeman trunk show on this week at a local shop I like, with fabrics that look like they would work, but I cannot figure out whether this would be a good value or even what the current state of Hickey's MTM program is.

I searched the archive and most of the hits are a decade or more old. Does anyone have thoughts or experience about the value of Hickey's MTM program these days?

Every spring and fall, I put in a HF MTM order (either a suit or jacket). (Well, except for 2020.)
I have had a slight amount of puckering with the fabric on the pants. It's not noticeable and may just be due to hard wear and age. (Travel in the heat of summer).

I am quite happy with the quality.

They don't go overboard following fashion. Most of the time, that's OK - but they were probably a bit behind on the shorter jackets with the more natural shoulders. Those pieces looked dated a bit sooner than I had hoped.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals