Trad shoe question for Harris et. al.

Mr. Knightly

quote:Originally posted by jmorgan32

quote:Originally posted by LongWing

quote:Originally posted by winn

If I had to do it again, these look really snazzy.

especially the 990, dark burgundy cordovan, or its black shell equivalent, 9901.

Just purchased the BB version of this at the recent $50 + 15% off sale. I am questioning whether the BB version is a barrie last shoe. Could be Leydon? I have a couple of barries already and this shoe seems more compact. Would love to do a side by side.

What a classic. As Harris would say, "Nicely done!" I don't know how old you are Longwing, but I seriously doubt you will outlive those shoes. (sorry if morbid on the statement!) Hell, those things will wear like iron.
All the best,
Joe

Not to be morbid either but, uh, if they do outlive you, you don't happen to be a 9.5D?

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man.

jmorgan32

Suspended
quote:Originally posted by LongWing

jmorgan32: Thanks; especially nice words coming from a committed loafer man.

No problem! You also have one hell of a good memory! I did wear cap toes and wingtips for years though. (Alden but only in black) Then just gradually went to loafers. (Brit tass and penny) Those are a real "manly" great pair of shoes that you selected. No denying that. Enjoy em!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.