Transport fit for Kings (Greatest hits.)

Asterix

What makes one car a great drive and another car a rotten one? Jeremy Clarkson knows, as holder of awards for motoring writer of the year and as columnist of the year. Here Britain's most acerbic critic shakes out the greatest hits from a lifetime at the wheel. Full Article

Ferrari 275 GTS (1964)
Here, wrapped up in 14ft of steel and glass and wire, we find everything that made me fall in love with cars in the first place. More here

Aston Martin DB9 coupe
If you want a fast car, buy a Ferrari. If you want a Volkswagen, buy a Bentley Continental GT. If you want a perfect car, you simply have to have a DB9. More here

Bentley Arnage R
With the exception of the vastly more expensive Rolls-Royce, no other car makes you feel so damn good. More here

Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead coupe
The Phantom is an exquisite car and I would have one tomorrow if it weren’t so bloody expensive. That and the fact my wife has said she would divorce me. And then kill me with a knife. More here

VW Phaeton 6.0 W12 4Motion LWB
This Volkswagen Phaeton is, in essence, a Bentley Continental GT minus the turbocharging. More here

Last edited:

Kav

Inactive user
All lovely to be sure. But I still miss my friend's old 1963 Dodge Dart 3 speed on the column station wagon. A gas station in the San Fernando Valley charged us $20 to patch a tire when the spare proved equally rotten. this was 1970 $20 for two high schoolers. My friend was involved in the old C.B. radio craze. We attached this monster 12 ' steel whip antannae to the roof, obscured the license plates and waited one saturday night until the right moment. gas attendant is inside, no customers and no traffic. We pushed the slant six to maximum RPms, made our attack run and broke every single overhead flourescent light, leaving them in total darkness. Some vehicles are filet mignon, but once in a while bologna on enriched white bread with cheese product slices and mustard also fill the soul. I want the Aston.

Laxplayer

Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
All very nice cars, Asterix. My favorite car is still the Saab 99. Someday I will buy an old one and restore it. My first car was a Saab, and I have always loved those goofy cars.
Here's a 99:

Asterix

All lovely to be sure. But I still miss my friend's old 1963 Dodge Dart 3 speed on the column station wagon. A gas station in the San Fernando Valley charged us $20 to patch a tire when the spare proved equally rotten. this was 1970 $20 for two high schoolers. My friend was involved in the old C.B. radio craze. We attached this monster 12 ' steel whip antannae to the roof, obscured the license plates and waited one saturday night until the right moment. gas attendant is inside, no customers and no traffic. We pushed the slant six to maximum RPms, made our attack run and broke every single overhead flourescent light, leaving them in total darkness. Some vehicles are filet mignon, but once in a while bologna on enriched white bread with cheese product slices and mustard also fill the soul. I want the Aston.
Your high school prank was something else and I want the Aston Martin too. :icon_smile_big:

Asterix

All very nice cars, Asterix. My favorite car is still the Saab 99. Someday I will buy an old one and restore it. My first car was a Saab, and I have always loved those goofy cars.
Here's a 99:

Laxplayer, those were the real Saabs not the fancy toys being sold today.

Laxplayer

Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
Laxplayer, those were the real Saabs not the fancy toys being sold today.
I agree, but I do like my '04 9-3. It's a smooth running car, it gets great gas mileage if you stay off the turbo and I like the looks of it. I'd be perfectly happy to have both my 9-3 and a restored 99 in my garage. :icon_smile:

Asterix

I agree, but I do like my '04 9-3. It's a smooth running car, it gets great gas mileage if you stay off the turbo and I like the looks of it. I'd be perfectly happy to have both my 9-3 and a restored 99 in my garage. :icon_smile:

lol........... ok I'll concede to that. :icon_smile_big: Even though most of todays cars have more fancy gadgetry et al, I just have a respect and appreciation for the solid cars built pre-90s.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange