Trip Report For Brooks Clearance Center

maxnharry

During a swing through North Carolina, I was able to visit Brooks Brothers Garland, NC Clearance Center. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the location, here it is:

https://tinyurl.com/76dyj

It took about three swings around the very small town of Garland for me to locate the store. Once inside I was shocked to see what they had. Now this is a REAL outlet store. Tons of shirts, ties, belts, suits, etc. All acroos different Brooks lines. The key is being lucky enough to find things in your size.

I normally wear an XL or 17/36 shirt and had a hard time finding something in my size. I did get a beautiful madras, short-sleeve for $6.50 and a new all cotton trenchcoat for only $89. As I was pressed for time, I wan't able to devote hours to search for other item but will save that for a future visit.

If you wear a smaller size than I do, they have lots of stuff waiting. They also have a fair selection of women's items.

As a guideline

Shirts $6-$15
Ties $3-$5
Suits $39-69
Outerwear $59-$89

If you are in the vicinity of I-95 near Fayetteville or Wilmington, NC it might be worth a visit.

smr

quote:Originally posted by maxnharry

During a swing through North Carolina, I was able to visit Brooks Brothers Garland, NC Clearance Center. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the location, here it is:

It took about three swings around the very small town of Garland for me to locate the store. Once inside I was shocked to see what they had. Now this is a REAL outlet store. Tons of shirts, ties, belts, suits, etc. All acroos different Brooks lines. The key is being lucky enough to find things in your size.

I normally wear an XL or 17/36 shirt and had a hard time finding something in my size. I did get a beautiful madras, short-sleeve for $6.50 and a new all cotton trenchcoat for only $89. As I was pressed for time, I wan't able to devote hours to search for other item but will save that for a future visit.

If you wear a smaller size than I do, they have lots of stuff waiting. They also have a fair selection of women's items.

As a guideline

Shirts $6-$15
Ties $3-$5
Suits $39-69
Outerwear $59-$89

If you are in the vicinity of I-95 near Fayetteville or Wilmington, NC it might be worth a visit.

They used to have one of those clearance centers in Secaucus, NJ. I bought several Golden Fleece suits for $125 or less. From time to time they had cashmere sweaters for $15 or less, English socks for $2-$4, and oxford cloth bd shirts for $5-$12. Prices were changed weekly, and you never knew what it was that you were going to find. Some of the workers from the surrounding offices and warehouses made the trip to this store almost daily. Sounds like the store in Garland is even cheaper than the store in Secaucus. Glad you were able to find some things!

lawschool82

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I live in NC, and I have visited this store many times. They have first quality BB buttondowns for $20 and first quality ties for $4-$5. Their suits are generally not first quality, but you can find items like formal shirts, sweaters, and belts at a steep discount. It's worth the trip if you are in the vicinity.

smr

There are at least 2 ebay sellers from that area that buy huge quantities of clothing at that store and sell them on ebay. They must do very well.

McG

This is just like the store they used to have in Olathe, KS just outside of Kansas City, MO. Very disappointed when they closed this store. I believe the NC store is the only one of its kind left. Happy Hunting.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression!"

arbitrage

I was thinking about taking a roadtrip down to NC this weekend. Do you have any idea what the hours are for the store on Sundays? Do they have a seperate website. I have searched high and low on the net and have found cryptic info on the clearance center. What label are the "first quality" bd's you mentioned? (Red, Blue or more upscale Purple, GF and CC) Thanks for everyone's great info.

lawschool82 Posted - 01/11/2006 : 21:32:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I live in NC, and I have visited this store many times. They have first quality BB buttondowns for $20 and first quality ties for $4-$5. Their suits are generally not first quality, but you can find items like formal shirts, sweaters, and belts at a steep discount. It's worth the trip if you are in the vicinity.

Knowledge is power.

ReppStripe

Chat--I have been to the Lancaster, Pa. BB Factory Store many times. It is pretty standard for an outlet, lots of 346 with a few scattered "real" BB items throughout. Nice selection of ties and shirts. Helpful staff. Good luck!

smr

quote:Originally posted by arbitrage

I was thinking about taking a roadtrip down to NC this weekend. Do you have any idea what the hours are for the store on Sundays? Do they have a seperate website. I have searched high and low on the net and have found cryptic info on the clearance center. What label are the "first quality" bd's you mentioned? (Red, Blue or more upscale Purple, GF and CC) Thanks for everyone's great info.

lawschool82 Posted - 01/11/2006 : 21:32:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowledge is power.

When they had a clearance center in New Jersey, the employees welcomed inquiries about what products they had in stock. They would also let people know if they expected large shipments anytime soon and whether any special promotions were running. You might give this outlet a call before visiting.

Here's the contact info.:

GARLAND CLEARANCE CENTER
Factory/Outlet
15 EAST FRONT STREET
GARLAND NC 28441
(910) 529-1612

arbitrage

Thank you so much for the info. I called and found that that the store is open Monday-Saturday, 9-5. They have shirts from 9.99 to 19.99. The ties are all 9.99. I will give you a full report when I get back.

smr Posted - 01/05/2006 : 19:20:46

quote:
Originally posted by maxnharry

As a guideline

Shirts $6-$15
Ties $3-$5
Suits $39-69
Outerwear $59-$89

They used to have one of those clearance centers in Secaucus, NJ. I bought several Golden Fleece suits for $125 or less. From time to time they had cashmere sweaters for $15 or less, English socks for $2-$4, and oxford cloth bd shirts for $5-$12. Prices were changed weekly, and you never knew what it was that you were going to find. Some of the workers from the surrounding offices and warehouses made the trip to this store almost daily. Sounds like the store in Garland is even cheaper than the store in Secaucus. Glad you were able to find some things!

Knowledge is power.

Cantabrigian

Elite Member
Speaking of arbitrage, as soon as I read maxnharry's post, I started wondering why one of the locals doesn't go there everyday, buy anything good and ebay it...

Are there any rules as to how much you are allowed to buy at a time or anything like that?

quote:Originally posted by arbitrage

Thank you so much for the info. I called and found that that the store is open Monday-Saturday, 9-5. They have shirts from 9.99 to 19.99. The ties are all 9.99. I will give you a full report when I get back.

smr Posted - 01/05/2006 : 19:20:46

quote:
Originally posted by maxnharry

As a guideline

Shirts $6-$15
Ties $3-$5
Suits $39-69
Outerwear $59-$89

Knowledge is power.

I_Should_Be_Working

quote:Originally posted by Cantabrigian

Speaking of arbitrage, as soon as I read maxnharry's post, I started wondering why one of the locals doesn't go there everyday, buy anything good and ebay it...

Are there any rules as to how much you are allowed to buy at a time or anything like that?

There actually are a number of ebay stores specializing in Brooks who appear to do just that.

smr

This is the main ebay seller of items from that store: armyhardhat.

"Maintained by: armyhardhat ( 3094). We try and bring you quality items for a fraction of the retail price. The majority of our items come from a Brooks Brothers Clearance Center. We bring you: Ties, Shirts, Pants, Suits, Sport Coats, Sweaters, Shoes, Outerwear, Scarfs & Other fine Men's wear. New listings each week. " .

He sells Golden Fleece jackets for $119, and BB shoes made by Alden, C&J and AS for for the same price. So he's getting really low prices at that place.

If you are going to visit this store, I guess that you should go early in the day before one of the ebayers walks out with all the best items.

crazyquik

Per google I live 168 miles away. Maybe the next time I am in Raleigh I will swing down there.

---------------------

Beware of showroom sales-fever reasoning: i.e., "for $20 . . ." Once you're home, how little you paid is forgotten; how good you look in it is all that matters.

chorse123

"the42n8s1", did you end up going to the clearance center? I may be in the area in a few weeks and am curious what you thought of the selection. I'm a regular size guy and would love to clean up there.

smr

quote:Originally posted by jasstoltz

"the42n8s1", did you end up going to the clearance center? I may be in the area in a few weeks and am curious what you thought of the selection. I'm a regular size guy and would love to clean up there.

A BB clearance center can be great one day and have nothing later the same day. You might wish to call first when you are in the area. Phone number above.

MP

Stopped by the Garland outlet last week. Most of the store items are under $20, I picked up a button down and pair of khaki's each for less than $10. However, not much else in my size or things I'd care to purchase. Great deals, but probably not worth a long trip, unless you are already near the area. If you are traveling on I-95 it is a pretty easy side trip.

Mark

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange