Trip Report For Brooks Clearance Center

Hard2Fit

quote:Originally posted by MP

Stopped by the Garland outlet last week. Most of the store items are under $20, I picked up a button down and pair of khaki's each for less than $10. However, not much else in my size or things I'd care to purchase. Great deals, but probably not worth a long trip, unless you are already near the area. If you are traveling on I-95 it is a pretty easy side trip.

Mark

I'd echo Mark's sentiments. My apologies for not posting a report earlier. My impression was that some great deals can be found but its very hit or miss. I also came away with the impression that a few 'regulars' got the best deals (most likely locals, eBay sellers, etc). I didn't buy anything for myself but my girlfriend picked up a couple items. Prices were obscenely low when compared to full retail. If I lived less than an hour away I'd go every weekend with the expectation of finding one item each trip. Generally not worth the effort (or the gas) if you are live much further away than that. All my humble opinion of course. . .

jamgood

Elite Member
Oh well, the cat is out of the bag. Garland is the site of Garland Shirt Company. I think it is owned by BB. Used to make all of BB's USA shirts. Now makes BB MTM. From the front door of the unassuming Outlet Store you can look east and see the Garland Shirt building. Garland is a village and if you were not looking for the Outlet, you'd drive by. Garland is located about 25 miles south of BB's US distribution center (no outlet there). Stock: undelivered MTM tailored goods, end of season, overstocks, shirt seconds, etc. Shoes seem to be few. There are at least three ebay sellers that visit there regularly. Armyhardhat probably gets the select deals on suits, sport coats, ties, etc. It may be tarheel's source. Everything has a mark through the label, even if it is a first quality sweater that has just been taken out the original sealed plastic bag. I was last there in June 05. Best buys then were end of season winter goods, especially outerwear. You might find a great deal on an unusual item, such as a smoking jacket, that would not be acquired for resale on ebay. Don't expect a wide variety, some of this and some of that, but great deals. Selection is a matter of timing, more likely dumb good luck. Store personnel do not have prior knowledge of what will be arriving, only when boxes are open. In the back of the store they even had some English made collar-less formal shirts, no telling how long they've been there. Use the restroom before you leave the Interstate as there are no public rr nearby. They do close the door at 5, M-S.:([|)]

"....like an angel piddlin' in yer ale...." TINKER DILL, Antiquarian Consultant, Bon Vivant, Bard of East Anglia

jamgood: better quality new clothing, never described as "Amazing", @ 60-90% off retail https://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjamgoodQQhtZ-!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange