The Shabby Professor

Starting Member
Back in November or so, there was a discussion here about a department-store brand pair of dress boots. They were cap toe, possibly quarter-brogue, offered in both a brown and black, and had a vaguely military name (Commander springs to mind, but google isn't helping). The MSRP was around $120-140 ish, but there were numerous comments that the store (and I can't remember which it was) routinely discounted them to the just-sub $100 range. One member tried them and found that they had, for his legs, an excessively wide throat.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? I wanted to give them a look in the store, but I was out of the country, and I seem to have forgotten to bookmark them.

Thanks in advance.

-TSP

The Shabby Professor

Starting Member
And SOLVED! I've been working on figuring this out for days, finally remembered the name right after posting: Stafford Gunners from JC Penney. Thanks for reading, if you got this far.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Indeed the mind is a riddler's maze of just forgotten memories...accessible perhaps, but with a bit of effort! TSP, please let us know if you purchase a pair and of what you think of them. ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.