Tucker Carlson Shirts

LWH

Starting Member
I was recently watching Tucker Carlson Tonight and was curious what shirts he wears. I know he has been seen in Mercer & Sons but I was wondering if he still wears those. Also I like the size of his tie knot... is it just a four in the hand? Thanks!

SG_67

Connoisseur
I was recently watching Tucker Carlson Tonight and was curious what shirts he wears. I know he has been seen in Mercer & Sons but I was wondering if he still wears those. Also I like the size of his tie knot... is it just a four in the hand? Thanks!

Looks like a FIH to me. If you watch the credits it might show.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
Two months ago, David Mercer told me that Tucker Carlson still wears Mercer shirts.

By the way, if you go to the Mercer and Sons website and look at the section containing customer testimonials, you'll see a compliment from "T. Carlson of Alexandria, VA." That would be Tucker.

FLMike

Connoisseur
Good question. I didn't ask David, and it's hard to make out the texture by watching the TV screen. I bet David will tell you if you call him.

I'm guessing pinpoint. I love Tucker but I hate him, too. He and I are the same age, yet he has so much better hair than me (and way more of it). I do enjoy seeing his daily shirt and tie pairings, as well as the super-classic two-tone Datejust on Jubilee bracelet that he wears loosely on his right wrist.

FLMike

Connoisseur
So I guess 6 is the number. The maximum number of posts about a political figure's clothes before someone has to make a politicly-motivated comment. Oh well.

L-feld

Elite Member
So I guess 6 is the number. The maximum number of posts about a political figure's clothes before someone has to make a politicly-motivated comment. Oh well.

Hey, my Steve Mnuchin thread made it to 9 posts before fizzling out. But then again, his dress is a little more interesting than TC's (even if TC is far more aligned with my personal taste). TC never should have abandoned the bow tie.

Since we're back on the topic of Trump surrogates, did anyone catch that 2x1 DB shawl collar dinner jacket that Roger Stone wore? Trying to find pics online, but Vice News did a piece following him around last week.

It's amazing that Trump, despite being surrounded by all these bona fide dandies, continues to dress as he does.

L-feld

Elite Member
Sorry for posting something that ostensibly includes political content, but you can always mute it and just look at Roger Stone's magnificent clothes. I'm a big proponent of keeping politics off this forum, so please don't take this as any endorsement of anything Stone has to say.

I was considering getting a DB shawl collar dinner suit made for a wedding this spring and I think that this has convinced me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekv2DTXPoVk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SG_67

Connoisseur
^ you shouldn't have to apologize for the indiscretion of others. People should be adult enough to know the time and the place for such comments. We're talking about someone's shirts, not that person's politics.

FLMike

Connoisseur
^ you shouldn't have to apologize for the indiscretion of others. People should be adult enough to know the time and the place for such comments. We're talking about someone's shirts, not that person's politics.
I agree with this, although In my opinion L-Feld himself slipped in a little bit of a political jab in his response to my post. "Since we're back on the topic of Trump surrogates...." If you asked TC, I'm pretty sure he would take issue with being labeled as such. Now, maybe he was referring only to Mnuchin, but that's not how I interpreted it. No matter either way....just thought I'd point it out in light of your comment. By the way, what he was apologizing for was the political content of the video he linked, not his previous post.

L-feld

Elite Member
No, just referring to Mnuchin, and yes apologizing for the video.

I wouldn't consider Carlson a dandy. Certainly not since he wimped out on bow ties.

Mnuchin is kind of a dandy, but probably has pragmatic aims of telegraphing power or wealth.

Roger Stone, however, is clearly one of us. Gooble gobble one of us.

JBierly

Elite Member
Sorry for posting something that ostensibly includes political content, but you can always mute it and just look at Roger Stone's magnificent clothes. I'm a big proponent of keeping politics off this forum, so please don't take this as any endorsement of anything Stone has to say.

I was considering getting a DB shawl collar dinner suit made for a wedding this spring and I think that this has convinced me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekv2DTXPoVk

Interesting video - I like his clothes but they seem just a bit baggy for my taste. Perhaps he has lost some weight - the shoulders just don't look right and sleeves seem big. The trousers on the tuxedo are very full. They may be older clothes from an era where that look was more fashionable or it may be a bit of drape cut (a little more full in the chest - but that isn't where it looks ill fitting). Looks like a Neapolitan shoulder. Nonetheless, he has some style!!

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Gentlemen and Ladies:

You know I will go to great lengths to answer your questions and confirm your suspicions. Last night I met Tucker Carlson and ask him about his shirts. He was hesitant, but I said "Are they Mercer?". And he said "How did you know that?"

We are scheduled to exchange emails with further details and I'll update you here. Also should be some photos coming!

FLMike

Connoisseur
Gentlemen and Ladies:

You know I will go to great lengths to answer your questions and confirm your suspicions. Last night I met Tucker Carlson and ask him about his shirts. He was hesitant, but I said "Are they Mercer?". And he said "How did you know that?"

We are scheduled to exchange emails with further details and I'll update you here. Also should be some photos coming!

Andy, I'd love to know the circumstances of your Tucker encounter. I noticed he had a fill-in for his show last night. Little did I know he was hobnobbing with you somewhere. Pretty cool. His top half (the visible one) is pretty consistent, with the navy blazer, forward point shirt (pinpoint?), and repp stripe tie. I am curious about the trousers and shoes, though. Any insight?

unionboss

I'm surprised at the love for Roger Stone's style here. He always strikes me as trying too hard to look like a 1930s gangster. Too over the top for my taste.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.