Vacation, economy shopping and a coconut[image heavy 56k goes to men's wearhouse]

Mr. Golem

I hope you find the clothes that you want for the Fall.

I already started on it. Just got an orange(not the bright kind of orange, more mellow) polo and a royal blue button up(with different color thin stripes). Next step is probably something in the greens category. I know summer's almost over, but I picked up this very neat long sleeve shirt with a peasant collar. It's very thin and perfect for hot days(which still linger around here). In fact I wore it today.

Howard

Connoisseur
I already started on it. Just got an orange(not the bright kind of orange, more mellow) polo and a royal blue button up(with different color thin stripes). Next step is probably something in the greens category. I know summer's almost over, but I picked up this very neat long sleeve shirt with a peasant collar. It's very thin and perfect for hot days(which still linger around here). In fact I wore it today.

You have any Brooks Brothers or Pink shirts?

Mr. Golem

Nooo. Remember what I said about paying dirt cheap prices for clothes? I mainly shop at department stores(JCpenney, dillards, Famous(now Macy's)) when they put stuff on clearance(preferably 70% off). Also at Marshalls and TJmaxx. I went into Brooks the other day and as much as the garments are much better quality, I just can't justify it.

Later in life? Of course, I plan on having quality things, but for now if I can make myself looks sartorial and expensive(because really, who's going to look at the ply of my cotton at school) for these prices, it's fine with me.

petro

Mr Golem: Enjoyed the photo essay...that was quite a vacation journal! Re the Vespa...save your money a while longer and get a Harley. The experience is unbelievable and a "hog" is all American. You would outgrow the Vespa within a year of the initial purchase.

Harleys are for people who want to put their lifestyle on a credit card and act all tough at the county fair.

I've put more miles on a thumper in one WEEK than most harley riders do in a year.

Get the Vespa, it's cheaper to buy, cheaper to ride, won't shake itself to peices, and your feet stay dry in the rain.

onthelistbaby

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
My vote is for the Vespa too. I had a scooter when I was young and loved it. So did the girls - gives you that mysterious and interesting vibe!

Interesting that you were at Musikfest. I was in Bethlehem for that weekend as well. My grilfriends family lives in Allentown and Bethlehem. We visit from NYC often. To bad I didn't know you were comming out, could have shown you around!

You look great, by the way. My favorite pic of you is the one from the pleasure garden.

Cheers.

-JP

Howard

Connoisseur
Nooo. Remember what I said about paying dirt cheap prices for clothes? I mainly shop at department stores(JCpenney, dillards, Famous(now Macy's)) when they put stuff on clearance(preferably 70% off). Also at Marshalls and TJmaxx. I went into Brooks the other day and as much as the garments are much better quality, I just can't justify it.

Later in life? Of course, I plan on having quality things, but for now if I can make myself looks sartorial and expensive(because really, who's going to look at the ply of my cotton at school) for these prices, it's fine with me.

Oh So you can't afford expensive clothes right now? I know what you mean,I can't afford very expensive clothes either and I go to department stores and thrift shops myself. :)

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harleys are for people who want to put their lifestyle on a credit card and act all tough at the county fair.

I've put more miles on a thumper in one WEEK than most harley riders do in a year.

Get the Vespa, it's cheaper to buy, cheaper to ride, won't shake itself to peices, and your feet stay dry in the rain.

Sorry the image or sound of a Harley disturbes you. However, I would like to correct some misleading statements. Most of the riders in my HOG chapter are doctors, dentists, lawyers and a variety of other professionals. All of my credit charges are paid off at the end of each billing period and I believe many of my compadres do the same. Perhaps the toughest aspect of the group of characters I hang with is when we pull out our checkbooks to write out a donation when we engage in weekend charity rides, to raise funds for a litany of good causes. Regarding your comment about time in the saddle, when you have put in excess of 40,000 miles on your "Vespa" in the course of a year, let me know and I will turn the "Iron Butt" trophy over to you. Most of the folks in my group have in excess of 50,000 miles on their odometers...I know this because we like to brag to one another about how durable our respective bikes are. You are right with one statement...we are one bad group of Hombres at the county fair! Ride Safe, Eagle

outrigger

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
This was my first Vespa, from 1986. I'd still have one today if I didn't have to give up driving do to eyesight problems. I've travelled the length and breadth of the British Isles by Vespa, the only alternative for me is a Lambretta.

Howard

Connoisseur
This was my first Vespa, from 1986. I'd still have one today if I didn't have to give up driving do to eyesight problems. I've travelled the length and breadth of the British Isles by Vespa, the only alternative for me is a Lambretta.

Very Nice. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange