Vent Thread

Checkerboard 13

Senior Member<br>Moderator
Howard, this will all work out eventually, as tough as it might feel right now.

I've found that some of the most difficult situations I've been in - times that seemed terrible as I was experiencing them - eventually led to my life being far better than it ever was beforehand. Because of this, I now try to look at these situations not as problems but as possible transitions (painful though they may be) to something much better.

You're a good man. This has certainly been a lesson, but keep your eyes and ears (and your heart) open to the new opportunities that might come your way!

Tiger

Elite Member

I've found that some of the most difficult situations I've been in - times that seemed terrible as I was experiencing them - eventually led to my life being far better than it ever was beforehand. Because of this, I now try to look at these situations not as problems but as possible transitions (painful though they may be) to something much better.

You're a good man. This has certainly been a lesson, but keep your eyes and ears (and your heart) open to the new opportunities that might come your way!
Much wisdom in your advice, and beautifully expressed. Thank you!

Howard

Connoisseur

Thanks Checker, This coming up Monday or Tuesday I have a meeting with Human Resources and The Union Rep, My Father will be there too as well, I don't know what they're going to say to Me And My Father but I believe this time I will be let go and after that file for temporary unemployment until he can try to locate another supermarket for me, they will put up my nearly 15 years as an employer, I hope this can lead to better things in the future. To be honest, I liked a lot of the workers there but the neighborhood they put me in looked like a trash heap almost every day and that was quite nauseating.

Howard

Connoisseur
I just want to wake up from a night's sleep and get a call from Stop N Shop with the manager saying on the phone to please come back to work we're sorry for terminating you but I know that'll never happen unless I pay the manager a huge amount of money to have me return, How much would I need to give him?

But all jokes aside, I don't know if I want Unemployment Benefits, how much would I get paid and does it depend on how many years you've been working at a certain company since I have nearly 15 years there? :confused:

Howard

Connoisseur
My Father And I are still waiting for my Union Rep to make an appointment with The HR sometime this week either Thursday or Friday, What do you think HR will say to My Father And I? Has anyone ever had Unemployment Benefits before? :confused:

Howard

Connoisseur
Nothing much happening right now but I think I may be on "administrative leave" for now until they finish this investigation wherever that'll be but other than that My Father is frustrated and so am I. ☹

Howard

Connoisseur
I really hope something happens with me, My Mother doesn't want me to keep staying at home by the computer, that's unhealthy and My Father is pissed off that he had to call just to leave once again another message to see what's going on with this Union Rep, What The "F" is going on? :confused:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I really hope something happens with me, My Mother doesn't want me to keep staying at home by the computer, that's unhealthy and My Father is pissed off that he had to call just to leave once again another message to see what's going on with this Union Rep, What The "F" is going on? :confused:

Howard, I understand that the waiting can be frustrating, but now is not the time for you or your Father to show your impatience. Time is probably on your side. Be patient and allow things to play out at their own pace. Trust me...you won't be sorry! I'm thinking the longer it takes to resolve, the more likely things will resolve in your favor.

If I'm overstepping my bounds, tell me so and I will mind my own business. Take care and have a good day. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, I understand that the waiting can be frustrating, but now is not the time for you or your Father to show your impatience. Time is probably on your side. Be patient and allow things to play out at their own pace. Trust me...you won't be sorry! I'm thinking the longer it takes to resolve, the more likely things will resolve in your favor.

If I'm overstepping my bounds, tell me so and I will mind my own business. Take care and have a good day. ;)

I still look back at a month ago and wonder why was I such a dumbass that day"? But you're right, maybe this is taking longer than usual and My Father And I should wait for the results and see what happens but how many more messages/emails should My Father keep on leaving?

Howard

Connoisseur
I think maybe it was a good time for a change, It was in 2017 I think when I was doing throwbacks and collecting baskets that was good and had some variety but then they hired another cart attendant and after that I stopped doing throwbacks and collecting baskets and just stayed on carts after that, I was stuck in a corner if you know what I mean, a bit bored but I didn't mind being on my own, being my own boss.

Howard

Connoisseur
Well, this was bad news but hopefully it turns out to be good news soon, met The Union Rep this morning and filled out a letter of resignation then told The Union Rep what I did and I hold all responsibility for my actions, I messed myself up and My Family and I'm sorry for what I did so that was it, The guy told me that I can fill out an application to King Kullen and for the time being you can file for Unemployment so that ends my nearly 15 years with The company. :(

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Well, this was bad news but hopefully it turns out to be good news soon, met The Union Rep this morning and filled out a letter of resignation then told The Union Rep what I did and I hold all responsibility for my actions, I messed myself up and My Family and I'm sorry for what I did so that was it, The guy told me that I can fill out an application to King Kullen and for the time being you can file for Unemployment so that ends my nearly 15 years with The company. :(

Howard, you handled yourself well and there are some positive points in the outcome you describe, perhaps the best being you have a resignation in your personnel file, rather than a termination for cause. You can still file for unemployment and when applying for future jobs, this should avoid the added difficulty of having a 'termination for cause in your file from your previous employer. Consider this to be the first day of the rest of your life and a new career...then, build a great one! I am proud of how you carried yourself, Howard! Good hunting. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, you handled yourself well and there are some positive points in the outcome you describe, perhaps the best being you have a resignation in your personnel file, rather than a termination for cause. You can still file for unemployment and when applying for future jobs, this should avoid the added difficulty of having a 'termination for cause in your file from your previous employer. Consider this to be the first day of the rest of your life and a new career...then, build a great one! I am proud of how you carried yourself, Howard! Good hunting. ;)

Thanks Eagle, I will try to start job hunting, being a cart handler is basically all I know how to do cause it's an easy job and plus you hardly get bothered by customers, you're your own boss when being a cart attendant. Right now, My mind feels a bit crazy just being around the house, My Mother doesn't like that, she even said to me yesterday in an upsetting way "That we don't have much time on Earth so I want to see you comfortable in your life", I understand what she's saying since I'm her only son, she wants to see me making money and being independent, I don't want to stay home and I feel I want to get back on my feet ASAP.

Howard

Connoisseur
I changed the thread to "A Vent Thread" since I'm unemployed right now and there's no reason to discuss the former employer any longer so I'm up to discuss about anything. :)

Big T

Howard, there are plenty of jobs out there for those that seek them. You resigned your former position and there is no need to discuss your departure unless asked for specifics. Expand your comfort zone a bit, but in any case, the worst is now behind you and it is now a new day.

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, there are plenty of jobs out there for those that seek them. You resigned your former position and there is no need to discuss your departure unless asked for specifics. Expand your comfort zone a bit, but in any case, the worst is now behind you and it is now a new day.

Thanks Big T, just got back from King Kullen and asked for a position in cart handling told him that I have 15 years of cart handling and then he told me to fill out an application so I will fill it out at home cause there's too many questions to answer and I need help in answering them, tomorrow I will try Key Food and see what happens, so far so good. :)

Howard

Connoisseur
There ain't no way that I will stay home and vegetate, I need to work and make money and if they say "No, we're not hiring" then I will keep on trying plus I need to have a cart job that's close by and the previous job took me close to 80 minutes each way but as for where I'm applying to, it's close to 40 minutes and that's good for me, I love shorter commutes, Tomorrow I will try Key Food.

Howard

Connoisseur
I just came back from Key Food and wanted to know if they were hiring, I told him that I was looking for a job as a cart handler and he told that we're not hiring right now and he didn't have a job application so what I did was, I gave him my name, email & cell number so that he can contact me if something happens to come up in the near future, At least I tried it's not easy searching for a job. :(

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.