delicious_scent

For days when I'm "in class" for virtual Zoom lectures, I'm usually wearing cords, moleskin, khakis, or jeans, and then some form of casual button down. Seersucker, chambrays, OCBD, etc.

Otherwise I'm in pajama shorts or plaid pyjama pants, and a t-shirt. Sometimes with a shawl cardigan or robe on too.

TKI67

Advanced Member
Austin is still quite summery. I am more or less living in 7" Patagonia stand up shorts with a surcingle belt. On exceedingly hot days I wear either a tee shirt (navy blue with either an Orvis, Episcopal church, or blood bank logo) or, for a run to the grocery store, an O'Connell's polo. On more tolerable days I wear an unironed OCBD. My concession to the calendar is that I stopped wearing my Madras shorts last month. My Tilley T3 and Quoddy Maliseets go wherever I go outside the house. There are rumors of cooler weather, and a pair of moss grey Bean five pocket cords is ready if called. It may be a while. It ain't tweed season here! In the morning I put on ancient grey sweats and Adidas to walk the dogs. I stay in them until we have drained the third pot of coffee and I stagger upstairs to shave, often around ten. These are fashionable times in Texas!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
My wardrobe has not changed much during this damned pandemic. Day to day, I still wear my beloved chinos, OCBDs or vented fishing shirts and mu camp mocs or penny loafers. Things seem much the same as they have been for more than 50 years, but it has neen close to 10 months since I wore a suit and tie! LOL. ;)

never behind

Most days I’m in my home office, and now that it’s cool weather, sweat pants and a sweatshirt. If I have a Zoom, I throw on an OCBD.

I will note I don’t wear this outside the house. 😊

mhj

Same as before, khakis, OCBDs, penny loafer, wing tips, etc. It's starting to cool off, so the sweaters and tweed jackets are coming out. I still get up at 5:30-6:00 am, shower & wash my hair as my regular schedule.

Dhaller

Advanced Member
We're in that tricky period of Atlanta weather in which you have to wear completely different outfits in the morning versus the afternoon (today it was 52 when I drove my daughter to school, and 75 when I picked her up).

Morning today was dark indigo jeans (Paige) and a grey cashmere v-neck (Alan Paine), and by afternoon I was in shorts and a Tori Richard cotton lawn shirt (at the home office and then later out to run a couple of errands... very beautiful weather today!)

One epiphany I've had lately: if you do go out in a suit or sport coat, you can just tuck your mask in as a pocket square when you're not wearing it. Little tidbit of sprezz...

DH

eagle2250

Same as before, khakis, OCBDs, penny loafer, wing tips, etc. It's starting to cool off, so the sweaters and tweed jackets are coming out. I still get up at 5:30-6:00 am, shower & wash my hair as my regular schedule.
Our daily routines have assumed greater significance in my live subsequent to retirement and more recently with the realities of social distancing and this damned pandemic. ;)

fishertw

Advanced Member
Since March, I have not worn ANYTHING dressier than Khakis, OCBD or polos, decent shoes with which to do my two miles per day around my driveway and usually argyle socks. With cooler weather on the horizon it is changing now to cords, moleskins, button down shirts (note: COLLARS which button), usually V neck sweaters and moving toward coat weather to include Barracutas, Barbours and in colder weather tweed shooting coat for my daily strolls. As noted in another thread, just completed the annual change over from summer to winter dress jackets and suits but no real expectation of wearing any of them before the middle of next year.

medhat

Athleisure most of the time unless I'm going running. Thankfully in October I started virtual video meetings with clients so I can get back to wearing suit and tie (except no socks or shoes) again, and I love it.

eagle2250

Right now, I'm wearing a dark gray suit, white shirt, and blue tie. Yesterday, I wore a medium gray suit, white shirt, and a green tie.

Today, it is cold enough that I also wore my dark gray wool overcoat. First time this year!
To be blunt, I do so envy you, but paraphrasing the wicked Witch speaking to Dorthy in that iconic film "The Wizard of Oz"..."we're not in Kansas any more" and it just isn't practical to wear suits and ties when the temps are in the high 80's and the humidity is 90+%. LOL. ;)

some_dude

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
To be blunt, I do so envy you, but paraphrasing the wicked Witch speaking to Dorthy in that iconic film "The Wizard of Oz"..."we're not in Kansas any more" and it just isn't practical to wear suits and ties when the temps are in the high 80's and the humidity is 90+%. LOL. ;)
Isn't that why they invented air conditioning?

To be fair, in the summer (or in your climate any time, I guess) I would be wearing a tan or other light colored, summer-weight wool suit and a panama hat.

I put the darker suits away until fall here.

Have you tried seersucker? I can't justify it here (one summer suit is enough for me), but isn't it designed for your climate?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.